Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ext2 is the bane of my existance

Re:ext2 is the bane of my existance

80 Gig, 7200 RPM, Barracuda IV arrived today. Now it's sitting in my puter warming up from it's long trip from CA to Central OR, so far it seems happy in it's new home. The cards and DVD drives haven't had much interaction with it yet and once I get talking with my gf and decide how to partition this monster I'll let you all know how it went.

So far so good have one 2 gig, seven 8 gig, and one 10 gig. Currently posting from Windoze since Gentoo takes forever and a day to set up and still be light. This weekend I get 10 gigs of linux goodness to play with. ;D

about a week ago my brother was playing some Q3A on my linux box, and it locked up, when i got home I discovered that my 20 gig WD that I got for christmas was broken... I now pray that I can get a replacement... it is still under warranty and stuff

Good Guru

[quote author=LinuxLuke link=board=13;threadid=5822;start=0#59960 date=1045108234]
    about a week ago my brother was playing some Q3A on my linux box, and it locked up, when i got home I discovered that my 20 gig WD that I got for christmas was broken... I now pray that I can get a replacement... it is still under warranty and stuff
    [/quote]

That sucks. WD always treated me well (unless I get into a "My car vs City Bus" accident. That killed my 20G drive real fast. Too bad too... I liked that drive ...