Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Ghost writer on RH 8

Thread: Ghost writer on RH 8

Ghost writer on RH 8

Hello I am a new newbie
    I installed RH 8 and the interface has kind of repeats under all text, it sort of looks like ghost writing. Can anyone help?

Re:Ghost writer on RH 8

hello,
    i will assume you are usinmg redhat defaults, i would open the xfree86config tool and set your options in this, i f you open a terminal adn type redhat-config-xfree86 you should be able to verify if all the setting are okay.

welcome to ljr

Hi thanks for your help, I typed in redhat-config-xfree86 and got the box up; however the output in the terminal window says:
    ddcprobe returned bogus values:
    ID :PTS0232
    HorizSync 30-55
    VertSync 50-120

Xlib: extention "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0" .

I tried changing the resolution but the ghost is still writing, any more suggestions?
    Thanks
    Janet

hello,
    can you let us know what hardware you are using? esp. if this is a laptop! i know redhat switched to the xft for font stuff...

I have a desktop 'e Machine' 1.4 Celeron, 256 DDR RAM and the video card is 82845G/GL Brookdale-G Chipset Integrated Graphics Device
    Thanks
    Janet

okay - can you please post the content of the file /var/log/XFree86.0.log - you will need to be root to access this file. i am guessing the fonts are not set up nicely. also can yuou please look at /etc/X11/XF86Config and check under the font section.

OK I looked at both of the things you requested and both said 'Permission Denied' I am logged in as root. I know there is a chmod command but I'm not sure which one I need to use?

hi janet,
    i assume you are in a terminal - try a chmod 644 /etc/X11/XF86Config - then try it, it should really be accessible as it is through. was this a typical install?

btw = are you uisng default redhat setting, i.e. gnome with a bluecurve theme? sorry for all the questions...