Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Wireless/Wired Router Recommendation

Thread: Wireless/Wired Router Recommendation

Wireless/Wired Router Recommendation

My family is looking into getting a Wireless AP. Now I'm going to be heading off to college soon and with me will come my computer. Right now my computer does the routing for the network. I'm thinking we can get a Wireless AP that not only routes for wireless but also wired.

Our lan is currently 6 wired computers, however it will be 4 wired and 2 wireless after we get the AP.

So yeah basicly I'm just looking for a router that includes wireless.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Re:Wireless/Wired Router Recommendation

I don know that Linksys makes a Wireless/4 port Router... I haven't used it but I always hear good things about Linksys... Relatively cheap too I think... $50 - $100 ( I think I saw it in my Sunday paper for Bestbuy for $50, don't quote me though as we have already thrown out the paper)

Good Guru

Try any LinkSys or Netgear WAPs. They will suffice. I will dig up part #'s soon.

Good Guru

sorry to take a few days here :-[

For linksys go with the BEFW11S4. It is a 802.11B + 4 Port 10/100 FE switch.

And for netgear go with the MR314 . It also is 802.11B + 4 Port 10/100 FE switch.

Hello,

Ok I can't say how the wireless option works yet for the Netgear MR314 but the wired portion is EASY!!! Especially if your network is already setup... basically you just need to set your NICs for dhcp and whollah it just works!!

My vote would be for the MR314 and if you head over to Staples(.com) you can catch it on sale for 99.94 and it should still have a $30 rebate too!!! Pretty cheap if you ask me

Hope everything works out for you.