Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Grapes good for playing with penguins???? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grapes good for playing with penguins????

I think the only one you could use Ruby with would SDL since it really isn't a language as far as a compatability layer. I am not sure if there are Ruby SDL bindings, but I am willing to bet there is a better chance of that than there being binding in any of the others you listed.
    jro -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

Advisor

Re: Grapes good for playing with penguins????

Quote Originally Posted by comtux";p="4051
    So we have
    1. Opengl
    2. Messa
    3. Sdl
    4. Java3D
    5. ?
    6. ?

Any others?
    I have never played with any of they above to make a game but if i was to i would probly pick the one with
    the best ruby support.
    Sound's like a tutorial in the makeing.
    I personal used winex for a month then cancled it
    I decided to go on a linux game strike if it doesn't
    work natively then i will not play it so i bought a ps2 because of course playstation has a linux kit so in all reallity linux has some of the best games in the world!

I haven't tried java3d ill look into it sometime today.
    your confusing what api's do what

OGL is a specification, not an implementation, Mesa is an implementation of OGL, SDL provides some graphics routines, but it is best when used for windowing/sound/etc, and OGL is used for the hardcore graphics

Jro, are you _sure_ Java3D doesn't support shaders? I was pretty sure it did from an article i read, i'll have to find it.

Yes, I am relatively positive. It is in the spec for 1.4 but it not yet implemented in the 1.3.x branch. Here is a list of features that might be included in the 1.4 release, but I am not sure if all the additions have been finalized yet. If you find information to the contrary, please share, this is in no way the final word. I am still finding all the site and material associated with Java3D.
    jro -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7