Thread: I can't install Unreal Tournament 2003. Help me please.

Associate

I can't install Unreal Tournament 2003. Help me please.

Hi,

I'm a newbie under Linux, and so, I really need your help, please help me, thanks a lot by advance.
    I've got UT2003, and I use Linux Mandrake 9.0.
    When I put the CD3 in the drive: I launch the "Linux Installer", then I get some screen, then I click "Begin Install", and then, the installation goes on a little bit, then the program asks me to mount the "Unreal Tournament 2003 Play Disc", which one is it: the CD1, CD2, or CD3????
    Also, how can I mount the CD like they say (which command must I use).
    Thanks a lot for your help.
    Bye, and see you later.

Advisor

Re:I can't install Unreal Tournament 2003. Help me please.

Sorry, I can't really help you, but you may want to try posting in the Linux Games forum. (although you will probably still get a response with it in this forum).

You could just attempt puttin in the CD that you think might be the one (or just take a complete guess), to mount the cd you can probably just use:

mount /dev/cdrom

i'm not sure where it's mounted under drake though, I would look at either /cdrom or /mnt/cdrom

[quote author=PK link=board=1;threadid=5801;start=#55280 date=1039323285]
    Sorry, I can't really help you, but you may want to try posting in the Linux Games forum. (although you will probably still get a response with it in this forum).

You could just attempt puttin in the CD that you think might be the one (or just take a complete guess), to mount the cd you can probably just use:

mount /dev/cdrom

i'm not sure where it's mounted under drake though, I would look at either /cdrom or /mnt/cdrom
    [/quote]

Well the mount command will definately do it but I think that Drake uses a program that auto mounts devices when media is detected (floppy, cdrom, zip) So just stick in the correct disk, the play disk, I would guess disk one... Disk three is the Linux install disk, do you know which disk is the windows install disk? What ever is left would I assume be the play disk ???

HTH

Associate

[quote author=Izan Seth link=board=1;threadid=5801;start=0#55282 date=1039323899]
    Well the mount command will definately do it but I think that Drake uses a program that auto mounts devices when media is detected (floppy, cdrom, zip) So just stick in the correct disk, the play disk, I would guess disk one... Disk three is the Linux install disk, do you know which disk is the windows install disk? What ever is left would I assume be the play disk ???

HTH
    [/quote]
    Yes, it seems that Mandrake "auto-mounts" the cdrom when there is a CD in it. There are 3 CDs: CD1=Win Installation / CD2=Stuff for the game / CD3=Stuff for the game + Linux Installer.
    Under Win, the play disc is CD1. But when I try to insert it and then click "retry" (or something like that) ... the program put the same window asking for the Play Disc to be mounted .
    I really just don't get it ... I'm a newbie, but it seems that a lot of persons had this problem, but each time I try their technics, it fails .
    Please help me, I really need it.
    Thanks a lot for your help.
    Bye, and see you later.

Try following this: http://www.linuxworld.com/site-stori...28.unreal.html

You will also need to set up the nvidia drivers tha you can get from nvidia.com