Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Bastille Linux Hardening

Thread: Bastille Linux Hardening

Bastille Linux Hardening

I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in about the Bastille Linux hardening system. The Bastille Hardening System attempts to "harden" or "tighten" Unix operating systems. It currently supports Red Hat, Debian, Mandrake and even HP-UX systems. I ran it on my Red Hat 7.2 box. Very informative and helped me close off some areas I didn't know were that vulnerable. I would suggest you give yourself enough time to really read what it is asking you before you make any decisions. Give it a shot, it's free. You don't even have to keep the config after you are done. Just say don't save and your system stays in it's original state.

http://www.bastille-linux.org

Kind Mastermind

Re:Bastille Linux Hardening

Thanks, I almost forgot about them. I forgot about them simply because the last time I looked, they only supported Mandrake and Redhat. Glad to see that they support Debian 3.0! Yippee!

I tried d/l and installing Bastille yesterday, and was unable to get the script to run. Im gonna make a second attempt at it sometime today (ie sometime this week) :-\
    Will keep everyone posted.
    10Ded

Good News!!!
    I got the script to execute this time, not really sure why it didnt run the first time. It takes about 30 minutes to go thru the setup and answer all of the questions so plan accordingly.
    10Ded