Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

RH8 and cdrom installs (new packages)

Thread: RH8 and cdrom installs (new packages)

RH8 and cdrom installs (new packages)

My friend installed RH8, and we were just adding packages(gcc, automake, etc.) to be able to compile the nvidia drivers for him... Anyway, it keeps asking for the first cd... He has two cd drivers...Ones a creative 48X CDROM, the other is a cd burner(not sure of make, model or speed) I have tried mounting it under both drives, but it recognizes it on either...Could it be the cd itself? or is it something not set right in his /etc/fstab? If its not set right, I will try and post the contents of his /etc/fstab...

Thanks!

Good Guru

Re:RH8 and cdrom installs (new packages)

IIRC there is a file on the root of each cdrom stating the contents of the cd and the disc number. I dont have my cds with me right now, but there is a file like that. Check to see if it is there. It should be in the root of the cd, perhaps its in the /redhat subdir.

Yep - .discinfo is in the root directory of the cdrom :-\

Good Guru

Hmmm .... that is an odd one ... what are the names of the cdroms? You know how you can name the cd ... perhaps that is not right .. damn this is an odd one.

hello,
    make sure the modules for the CDs are loaded e.g.

ide-scsi 10544 0
    scsi_mod 68308 1 [ide-scsi]
    ide-cd 33476 0
    cdrom 32608 0 [ide-cd]