Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Set up a mail server

Thread: Set up a mail server

Advisor

Set up a mail server

Can anyone suggest any tutorials for setting up a mail server? I would like to be able to send mail out from the server, and connect from home and use it as a POP3 server (or something similar). I currently have sendmail installed and that's about it, and I don't think sendmail is even configured propperly. :-\ What else will I need to install?

Mentor

Re:Set up a mail server

Good Guru

I use CourierMTA and it is great. It's the whole package including MTA, POP, IMAP, webmail and stuff so the advantage is consistancy across the mail platform.

Or else, you can use Exim or Postfix to do the MTA.

Advisor

Try postfix, they seem to have some good online tutorials.. But I would go with cloverm about using exim, it's easy to configure, and only requires one config file.