Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Internet sharing with Mandrake

Thread: Internet sharing with Mandrake

Internet sharing with Mandrake

I have adsl and two boxes. One linux box, and a w2k box, the linux box has two ethernet cards eth0 and eth1, the windows box has one. eth0 goes to the adsl modem w/ a straight through cable and eth1 goes direct to the windows box via crossover. Now, the problem is, when I try to connect to adsl (pppoe) it won't connect. But, when I take out eth1 (physically) and try to connect to the internet with just eth0 its fine. What can I do?

Re:Internet sharing with Mandrake

Your version of Mandrake may be running the pump for its dhcp client. pump is rather sketchy with multiple NICs. Try making sure that Mandrake is setup to share the internet. That should be somewhere in DrakeConf.

Good Guru

[quote author=CroTeam link=board=4;threadid=5737;start=0#54809 date=1038880708]
    the linux box has two ethernet cards eth0 and eth1
    <snip>
    eth0 goes to the adsl modem w/ a straight through cable and eth1 goes direct to the windows box via crossover. Now, the problem is, when I try to connect to adsl (pppoe) it won't connect. But, when I take out eth1 (physically) and try to connect to the internet with just eth0 its fine. What can I do?
    [/quote]
    Your Linux box may not be seeing the NICs as the way you wanted it to be seen. The problem might be that what you want eth1 is being seen as eth0 by your OS.

The easiest is try changing cables ( switch cables to different NICs )

Or try to see which NIC is seen by which OS as eth0 and eth1.

HTH ...

How can I see which NIC is seen as eth0 and eth1, they both use the same driver. I also tried switching the cables on the server NIC's but to no avail.

If you do an ifconfig eth0, it should give you the MAC address of the card. Do the same for eth1 and then you can see which one is which.

Good Guru

Or just do ifconfig and it will show you all configuration including local setting.

If your NIC is PCI, then it's much easier to deal with than ISA NICs. Using the same model with the same module is okay but it's very hard to differienciate when problem comes up like this. That's why I like to use different card for the same box with different module so that I can unload/reload modules at will and can tell which card is having problem.

bash: ifconfig: command not found

Do i have to be in a special dir ? Or what do i do now?

Mentor

[quote author=CroTeam link=board=4;threadid=5737;start=#54916 date=1038970996]
    bash: ifconfig: command not found

Do i have to be in a special dir ? Or what do i do now?
    [/quote]
    Try it like this:
    Code:
    /sbin/ifconfig