Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GUI FTP clients

Advisor

GUI FTP clients

I'm looking for a good GUI FTP client, please post your suggestions.

Re:GUI FTP clients

Konqueror is a great GUI ftp client. It's even a great sftp client. The interface for browsing local and remote file systems all have the same interface, so it's very consistent in that manner.

gFTP is a good, dedicated ftp client, with a nice GUI, if that's what you need.

http://www.freshmeat.net/

Just search for "ftp" and then pick your filter of choice. Guaranteed to find anything.

Advisor

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=2;threadid=5735;start=0#54806 date=1038880378]

Just search for "ftp" and then pick your filter of choice. Guaranteed to find anything.
    [/quote]

Yeah, that's one way to do it, but posting here's a good way to separate the shit from the gems

Konqueror i don't like for FTP, it's alright for anonymous stuff, but i found that when you need a password it can be glitchy. I'll go take a look at gFTP right now, thanx for the input guys!

Good Guru

Another vote for gFTP as well ....

gFTP is pretty good. Though the version that comes with debian sarge (2.0.13) has some minor problems. For instance the progress indicator doesn't always work... No real show stopper but slightly annoying. A rc for 2.0.14 is out. Maybe you want to try that.

gFTP is nice, but it's GTK, I hate GTK
    Kbear is ok, but I have some issues with the interface,
    Konqueror, I don't like as an FTP client.

Overall I probably like ncftp the best, but it's CLI, so when ftping calls for GUI for some reason I use gFTP because of the simple interface.

Im a FTP using maniac and I must say theres not one good, full, complete GUI Ftp client for linux. The closest to is IglooFTP, but thats not open either, only 30 days at a time. gFTP is ok for your most basic needs, but its way to glitchy and buggy for me, ex, queuing in GFTP = HORRIBLE, doesnt remove files properly, hangs all the time, doesnt give good transfer times/speeds, just shitty.

Then I tried a host of lesser knowns, SwiftFXP, gtkFXP, bkftp, all missing things here and there.

If you need to use FTP alot, IE, FXP transfers, big queue downloads, site managers, etc, Wine + FlashFXP is the only way. FlashFXP is heads and shoulders better than any FTP client Linux has to offer unfortunately.......Boy do I wish they would port it, but it works perfect in Wine so grab it and have fun -- www.flashfxp.com

[quote author=PK link=board=2;threadid=5735;start=0#54816 date=1038891734]
    [quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=2;threadid=5735;start=0#54806 date=1038880378]

[/quote]

Yeah, that's one way to do it, but posting here's a good way to separate the shit from the gems

Konqueror i don't like for FTP, it's alright for anonymous stuff, but i found that when you need a password it can be glitchy. I'll go take a look at gFTP right now, thanx for the input guys!
    [/quote]
    but you going to freshmeat or sourceforge and actually trying out some of the applications is the only way you will find whats best for you.
    for the record though gftp is nice but i have gone cli for ftping now. ncftp and lftp do the trick for me.

Konq does sftp? I like it for smb!