Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

sync date remotely

Thread: sync date remotely

sync date remotely

Is there a way to synchronize date with a remote computer. I'm having problem with my Celeron 433, always giving me a "CMOS checksum error" and returning to the date it was manufactured during a cold boot. i've already change the cmos battery, but error still persist. i've managed to synchronize the time using 'NET TIME'.

btw, Any idea on what's causing this error?

Re:sync date remotely

Net time is the way to do it once you are in Windows. However, if it is a cmos problem, then you have to troubleshoot it at the hardware level, not the os or network level. If net time is working correctly for you to sync to an external time server, then just add the line to your autoexec.bat or write a startup script and add the script to your local policy (win2k and XP). That should do the trick, however, it will still not resolve your cmos problems.

Mentor

Isn't checksum to do with stored data? Possibly you have a stuffed bios chip. Try to flash the bios and see if it does anything. If not, try a different bios and see what happens.
    CP

[quote author=CP link=board=25;threadid=5721;start=0#54825 date=1038903161]
    Isn't checksum to do with stored data? Possibly you have a stuffed bios chip. Try to flash the bios and see if it does anything. If not, try a different bios and see what happens.
    CP
    [/quote]

I believe you can also reset your BIOS by shorting it with a jumper. I had to do this a long time ago with a mobo I could not boot off of.

Good Guru

have you tried a new battery? Run to Radio Shack, Sears, or Batteries Plus. This is a VERY common battery. All mainboards standarized on it. If you are the type to shut the pc off and leave it off alot (kinda like my dad -- maybe an hour of usage a day) your battery should last for 5-7 or so years -- more if you leave the PC on more.