Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

how do you edit xf86config??

Thread: how do you edit xf86config??

how do you edit xf86config??

I wanted to install nvidia drivers but when I tried the editing programs I have the thing seems incripted...

Re:how do you edit xf86config??

hello,
    make sure it is /etc/X11/XF86config, there is a binary program called xf86config, which is what i am guessing you are editing.

Mentor

Also make sure you are superuser, becuase otherwise you wont be able to write it

Good Guru

Unix world, xf86config is NOT the same as XF86Config.

Do this: kedit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 as superuser (su)

Good Guru

dude, try this one for size.

I had the same frustration a bit ago, so I created a launcher that does 'kdesu gedit' just so I can have a root text editor without having to pull up a cli.

Try it, and you can substitute gedit for whatever. This works in all DE/WM environments