Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

what's your project?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what's your project?

Hybrid View

what's your project?

so, what kind of coding projects is everyone working on now?

I've got a bridge project that is a platform-independant installer for a series of perl scripts. I'm trying to make it deduce locations of required utilities in the target platform.

I'm also working on a perl & ImageMagick add-on for another script that will allow me to crop and store a thumbnail from a graphic and add the new thumbnail to my flat-file db.

Oh, and I have another small project to parse another flat-file db and create a nice html report for the site owner.

Looks like I've got a bunch of small-ish Perl projects at the moment, now that I have them typed out. :]

I'm currently rebuilding a couple of small sites of my own, using PHP and MySQL, but that's more of a side project - PHP with MySQL took a few hours to get used to, it's the slow laborious process of building the site now that I'm making my way through.

Coding - I started out learning some OpenGL in C so I could build my own custom random terrain generator, having liked some of the stuff I did in my 4th year project at uni: pictures (better screenshots further down the page). Soon, I'll be starting, as part of a team, an ambitious multiplayer mobile phone game using Bluetooth through the handy J2ME libraries newer phones are shipping with

Should be fun

I wish I knew how to do some coding in C or C++. Unfortunately, the schools that I went to only taught me Object Orientated Programming like Visual Basic and Delphi. However, I love to do HTML. I really want to learn PHP and MySQL
    My Website:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Website Uptime:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Server Specs: AMD Athlon X2 3800+, 2gb DDR2 RAM, 1.5TB HDD, Ubuntu 9.10
    My Gaming PC: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93ghz, 4gb DDR2 RAM, 9800GTX+

I am on a MMORPG called 7th World. It is still in the planning and development stages. There is a pre-alpha server running what has been built so far but it is super buggy and only sightly playable. http://world7.no-ip.org

Its a sort of play from anywhere type RPG that has its roots in a good old fashioned MUD. There are some interesting and new ideas being thrown around the forum there though.
    jro -

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

Advisor
    i'm working on some security analysis tools and am contemplating designing a compiled mathematics language that makes use of the various SIMD instruction sets on x86.

My current project is a script for KVIRC v. 3.0 that I wan't to be comperable to some of the more impressive mIRC scripts for windows (eg Excursion). Right now I'm just learning the KVIRC scripting language so it will be a while. But I did recieve my DSL installation kit in the mail today so i can work from home more

My current project is working with PHP/MySQL. I'm attempting to make a database out of my card collection (Magic the Gathering). With search capabilities, random card images on the front page, etc. So far i'm still inserting all the data into my database (I have like 8,000 cards ).

Thats really cool Asbenson. I started to make something like that for the card game I played for a long time. (Legend of the 5 Rings) It started out as just a database to catalog all my cards, then I tried to make a game out of it. I wanted to actually be able to play against someone else online. It was a good idea but I ran out of ambition and I can't seem to find my source code now. Thats a real bummer cause I wouldn't mind picking it up and trying again.
    jro -

Lol i remember LoT5R, i used to play it myself . But I kinda just stuck with magic. It does sound like a cool idea to actually make it a game...I think i'll wind up doing that as my skill increases.

It started out as a really cool idea. Since alot of my friends still like to play but we either don't live near each other any more or our schedules don't line up like they used to. One of the main problems we encountered was how to interrupt the other players turn (for the cards that could do that). Let me know if you decide to move in that direction, I would love to pick it up and try again if you want some help.
    jro -