Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Free as in beer - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Free as in beer

That's what I got. Since they bill it as a "technical resource CD" they likely include everything, because the point of filling out the form was to convince them that

A) you're technical.
    B) you already have working Linux and general computer knowledge
    and
    C) you may be in a position to sing the gospel of SuSe 9.1 to the purchasing powers at your work or school.

I remember when Sun offered a very similar package back in 1995, "for personal use only." for "the cost of media" they would send you the full CD set and manuals for the current Solaris Server edition. "cost of media" was 15 or 20 bucks. At the time, it was unheard of.

Just to let folks know, I visited and signed up for Novell's freebies the day they were posted. Imagine my surprise when I received 3 (count 'em, 3!) DVDs of complimentary Suse goodness from the nice folks at Novell by regular mail. No costs, no hassles... Gotta love free goodies!
    TThe Dawg!

So, they were full versions? Any crippleware?

I have finally recieved an email saying that they have sent the packages, and that I will recieve them shortly. I am looking forward to getting them, I bought a DVD-ROM just for it! I think it is great what Novell is doing, I don't care if I am being bought out, it works out best for me!
    My Website:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Website Uptime:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Server Specs: AMD Athlon X2 3800+, 2gb DDR2 RAM, 1.5TB HDD, Ubuntu 9.10
    My Gaming PC: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93ghz, 4gb DDR2 RAM, 9800GTX+

No, no cripple-ware! The three DVDs include functional copies of the Suse Enterprise Server, Suse 8.2 Pro with the ximian desktop and a full Suse 9.1 Pro install. Of the 3, only the 9.1 Pro DVD is bootable. For the rest, you have to burn your own cd's from the iso images provided on the DVD's. Of course, unless you want to run the Eenterprise Server, there's really no reason to bother with anything but the 9.1 Pro install, anyway. 9.1 Pro does include 2 apps that are trial versions: a copy of textmaker, and an eval version of MainActor. These 2 items are the same if you purchase 9.1 pro. All in all, a nice package, especially for the money, LOL!
    Woof!

Associate
    It's been like 3 weeks, and I'm still waiting for at least an e-mail, sheeeesh

I got mine today

Just to let you know. My dad got his copies too.

Finally, I get to use kde 3.2.1! I am friggin excited!!!
    My Website:

My Website Uptime:

Associate
    OK I guess I talked to soon, didn't get an e-mail, but I'll be damned if I didn't receive my cd's today :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Does anyone know if SUSE 9.1 Pro is using the 2.6 kernel? I tellya what, if it is, I'll be the happiest guy around. Now, if only the mail came faster in Australia...
    My Website:

My Website Uptime: