Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

QT Newbie Question

Thread: QT Newbie Question

QT Newbie Question

I've dabbled in QT programming before, but never really much beyond a "Hello World" button. Anyway tomorrow I'm doing a technical presentation on Industrial Strength GUI Design, and I'm comparing QT/C++ to Swing/Java. I'm including several code snippets from each to illustrate parallel functionality. I have a little swing application that pops up with a button that says "Click to close", and a bit of text above the button that says "Swing Example". Now I have no problem creating the "Click to close" button in QT, but for the life of me I have no idea how to display text in a window. Can anyone point me to the class whose object, when instantiated, will write the words "QT Example" in the frame?

Re:QT Newbie Question

I'm not sure if QLabel is what your looking for or not ....

Code:
    #include <qapplication.h>
    #include <qlabel.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
    QLabel* label = new QLabel("QT Application", parent);
    // resize the label
    label->resize(100,50);
    }
    I think QLabel inherits from QFrame.

Is this what your looking for?

It does appear to be what I'm looking for, but I'm having trouble instantiating it. Apparently it has to be within a QFrame, and I can't instantiate the QFrame. Gives me an error when I try to instantiate it, when I make it a child widget of my QVBox and when I make it a parent widget. I'm not in linux right now, but next time I'm there I'll post the error.