Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Apt error

Thread: Apt error

Hybrid View

Kind Mastermind

Apt error

I get this error, which will not allow me to update my sources under apt:

The method driver /usr/lib/apt/methods/htm could not be found.
    Anyone know what's up with that? Is it just a blank text file that needs to be there or is it something more? I don't know why it did that (it has no problem updating via cdrom).

Thanks,

Cheers

Re:Apt error

I don't have that file in my directory on Debian 3.0. All of the files in there though look like binary files. Try running dselect and installing APT again.

Kind Mastermind

I actually figured out why I was having that problem:

if your source list entry starts with deb htp...you will not be able to update. So, I changed the line to read deb http...blah blah blah. So, I guess I misspelled the error message as well, since I believe it should have been an htp error.

Thanks.

Ah okay. You put HTM in your previous post, and I didn't have one of those. I didn't know what the heck it was. I guess what you explained could cause an error. I'll remember that one just incase it happens to me. Thx Stryder.