Thread: konsole /w out KDE?

konsole /w out KDE?

Hi,

is it possible to install konsole with installing KDE-core?

Similar App. Having one shell window and complete control of the schema is nice.

thanx,

Re:konsole /w out KDE?

You would probably need some basic KDE, like kdebase...and whatnot.

Yeah, Konsole is part of the main KDEbase system. Man, Konsole sure is a nice app too- it is one of the reasons that I became a KDE user.

[quote author=cga link=board=2;threadid=5620;start=0#54175 date=1037757978]
    Yeah, Konsole is part of the main KDEbase system. Man, Konsole sure is a nice app too- it is one of the reasons that I became a KDE user.
    [/quote]

Have you tried multi gnome terminal? I think it's much, much better than konsole.

The thing I like best with mgt is the keybindings. I have keybindings for opening new tabs, closing them, switching between the tabs, splitting the window into several terms, switching between the terms in the splitted window and more. And it's easy to configure, no need to edit textfiles, it's all gui.

Window shots of mgt: #1 #2

It kicks ass.

wow mgt ain't bad...can you change the font? I've always hated that big bulky thing in the gnome terminal

I myself love xterm. Simple, fast, clean. The multiple terminals in konsole are nice though. And the switching with shift + arrow! I assume there's similar functionality in mgt. What I'd like to see (and might possibly write if I ever get any free time...if any of you ever see the University walking down the street, please kick it in the balls and tell it I want my life back) is a combo between konsole/mgt and ETerm (possibly now called ATerm?). I've always loved the backgrounds ETerm does, as well as other nifty features (mmmm...transparency). From what I understand, it's just not possible with konsole. Anyone know of any possibilities? If not I might get started as early as next workterm.

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=2;threadid=5620;start=0#54230 date=1037845896]
    wow mgt ain't bad...can you change the font? I've always hated that big bulky thing in the gnome terminal
    [/quote]

Yep, it's just like changing a font in any gnome program (choose font, choose bold/italic/whatever, choose size, etc..). As for keybindings, I use Alt+a to switch thrue the tabs, Alt+z to open a new tab, Alt+h to split the window horizontally and so on. Mgt has many things you can bind to a key combo.

Mgt is very configurable. You can make the background transparent, tint it, use a picture... It's an amazing program and I am surprised not more people use it, because it's so much better than any other term I have ever used.

Some pics of the configuration (I'm on fire ):