Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cingular Family Talk vs. Nextell

Cingular Family Talk vs. Nextell

My contract with Cingular (Family Talk) is up this month. I've had pretty good service with it, really, no complaints. My question is:

Anyone out there use Nextel with someone else? The Direct Connect feature really sounds cool. How's the connectivity? How's their phone services? Pricey?

I'm just looking for reccomendations.

Re:Cingular Family Talk vs. Nextell

I use one for work. Direct connect is pretty good, kinda like a walkie-talky. The hpones are kinda pricey, though. And the plans don't usually include a great ammount of minutes at any time.

I work for Cingular and I am a proud user of Nextel. Cingular sucks. BTW with nextel in a couple month we will have nation wide direct connect (walkie talkie)plus Schotty is also a proud Nextel user. Phones do cost a bit more but they are more durable and can most likely do much more that your current Cingular phone. Some nextel phones have military standard raitings..

BTW if you want to make some extra money. Call cingular bitch at them tell them that you will cancel.. Talk to a manager if you want and they will pay you money to stay on a bit longer. Any question pm me. ;D

Did I mention Nextel kicks ass.
    8)Nextel 8)

Does Nextel have text messaging, ie sports scores? I couldn't find it on their web site.

I currently have unlimited txt messesges, free unlimited Nextel Online Plus and AIM messenge all fro $15 bucks.. ;D

Can you hook your nextell phone to your linux laptop and get online that way?

[quote author=vvx link=board=14;threadid=6074;start=0#57812 date=1042578860]
    Can you hook your nextell phone to your linux laptop and get online that way?
    [/quote]
    I don't have a laptop. But I do have a PDA and I connect to the net with my Nextel phone. Other cariers didn't have a clue how to get my PDA online with their service. Nextel helped me get it online RIGHT away.

How's the speed? I can hook my Sprint phone up, but the speed's pretty low, like 19kbps.. (Actually, the first couple weeks I had like, 113kbps avg.. Wish I could still see that type of speed, but not holding my breath for it.)

Yeah if you dialup is 19Kbps but you can use Packetstream and it is about 56Kbps. ;D

BTW Just for the fun of it I tried to connect my linux box to the internet with my phone. And guess what... It worked..