Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Java Plugin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Java Plugin

Java Plugin

I want to install a java plugin for mozilla where is the best place the get the plugin at?

Re:Java Plugin

I got mine from Sun.com...

http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/

Be careful if you are using Gcc-3.2, you may have some problems with it (binary incompatibility), unless of course Sun have recompiled the plugin with it.

The easiest way for you to get the java plugin is to do the following:

Open a terminal window and gain root access using su.

Run Mozilla as root.

Go to this url: ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/netscape7...linux22/ewc9e/

And double-click the file jre.xpi

This will download and install the java plugin.

[quote author=GhostDawg link=board=2;threadid=5281;start=0#51657 date=1034234753]
    I got mine from Sun.com...

http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/

[/quote]
    I actually tried that route and mozilla would crash everytime I wouldget some type of java site. Maybe I just installed it wrong...

gmoreno,

If you are still without java on mozzie, let me (us) know... as I had the identical problem, and I got it fixed.

I can find the clue that fixed it for me, if you still haven't solved it.

It does involve symlinking the plugin NOT having it IN the plugins dir

Ken

If you use Gentoo there's now a clever work around in portage just "emerge sun-j2sdk", so now I have Java and flash all on my GCC3 box.

LC, I just tried the emerge sun-j2sdk and got an error about a conflict with openmotif and how they can't coexist, did you recieve the same error or can I just get rif of openmotif?

[quote author=ASCI_Blue link=board=2;threadid=5281;start=0#53493 date=1036877014]
    LC, I just tried the emerge sun-j2sdk and got an error about a conflict with openmotif and how they can't coexist, did you recieve the same error or can I just get rif of openmotif?
    [/quote]

unmerge openmotif first, then remerge it afterwards

Got another question for ya lovey, if I'm using a binary mozzy how do I tell it where the java exec is or will the emerge take care of that?