Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am sick of the media.

I am sick of the media.

I truely am. Sure there are plenty of injustices, but I am hard pressed to think of any more flagrant than the way ducks are presented by the media. I have plenty of evidence too.

Exhibit 1 - Daffy Duck. A simple little black duck - and he is made out to be an evil bunny killing maniac where his treachery is only matched by his stupidity.

Exhibit 2 - Donald Duck. A cute white duck, the kind you see on old McDonalds Farm, but is this how the media protrays him? NO! The media would have you believe that this duck is narsistic, arogant and disrepectful of all others. In addition Donald is the only animal that has an obvious speech impediment and yet no one dubbed over his voice. Do you belive that Micky Mouse, Bugs Bunny or any other animal seen in the media does not have thier voice dubbed? If so I would like to sell you the Brooklen Bridge my friend. They would not dream of protraying a dog like this, even Goofy - a dog that is not very intelligent, can articulate himself much better.

Exhibit 3. That duck on Tom & Jerry shows - he is constantly getting rescued by a mouse. What in the world is going on when a mouse rescues a duck!! Now you may think this is meaningless, but one can quickly come to the conclusion that ducks are really stupid, so stupid they need to be rescued by a mouse. Inteligence aside, it also suggests that ducks have poor parenting skills, else why would this baby duck be off by itself.

Yes my friends, this is sad. - if you can come to any conclusion besides media bias i would like to hear about it.

Re:I am sick of the media.

You forgot the Duck on the Garfield and Friends show - he's just shown to be easy-to-scare babeling idiot...

Do not be too harsh on the media my friend.
    IRC there was an attempt to portray a duck in a heroic light ("Howard the Duck" or something like that). Anyways, the film was a big flop. What does this tell us?
    1) The public are not ready for positive images of ducks.
    2) The media are merely reflecting the sick and twisted "duckist" attitudes prevelant in society.
    How much time do you think Linus spent pondering on a duck when he finally decided on a penguin? Not much I'd wager. Would anyone be using his kernel today if it's mascot had been a duck? Think about it, it's sad but true.

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=pam link=board=17;threadid=5563;start=0#53589 date=1037018398]
    Do not be too harsh on the media my friend.
    IRC there was an attempt to portray a duck in a heroic light ("Howard the Duck" or something like that). Anyways, the film was a big flop. What does this tell us?
    1) The public are not ready for positive images of ducks.
    2) The media are merely reflecting the sick and twisted "duckist" attitudes prevelant in society.
    How much time do you think Linus spent pondering on a duck when he finally decided on a penguin? Not much I'd wager. Would anyone be using his kernel today if it's mascot had been a duck? Think about it, it's sad but true.

[/quote]

Ah, right there you may have proved the point. Would we, as a global society, have such a negative image of ducks if it wasn't for the media? It isn't our attitudes towards ducks that started all of this, believe me. We are just the unfortunate dupes in this unfortunate situation. Then, our media-based bias further fuels the medias idea that we hate ducks. Sad, but true.

Cheers

I beg to differ. The hatred of ducks is a primeval instinct buried deep in our suconscious.
    It stems back to the days when we first managed to stand upright on two legs. We (as a species) were feeling quite pleased with ourselves for a while. Then we took a good look at ducks. They swim, they fly, they quack. The bastards!

Not to pick nits but...

You're talking about Hollywood representations of ducks. I don't think of Hollywood when I think of the media, I think CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, etc

You guys forgot Duckman; both he and Cornfed were positive depictions of commonly negative portrayals of barnyard animals.

at first i thought pam was off his rocker - but a few of you have brought evidence that indicates this may indeed be human prejudice against ducks. case in point - howard the duck, a truley wonderful film that should have been bigger than star wars and gone with the wind, yet is received only scorching reviews.... is this because had already been programed by the mdeia, or do we indeed have a deep down hatred of ducks....

gonzojohn! CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC all regularly air material that is derogatory to ducks! disney - copywrite holder of the aforementioned Donald Duck owns ABC. And CBS - for many years they hosted saturday morning cartoons - all with a bomb packing Daffy. CNN? NBC? I am sure they have duck haters getting paid millions to come up with ideas to convince the masses that ducks are no good.

linux...mmmmm *quack quack*

nope, the duck just doesnt deserve it

[quote author=pam link=board=17;threadid=5563;start=0#53591 date=1037019850]
    I beg to differ. The hatred of ducks is a primeval instinct buried deep in our suconscious.
    It stems back to the days when we first managed to stand upright on two legs. We (as a species) were feeling quite pleased with ourselves for a while. Then we took a good look at ducks. They swim, they fly, they quack. The bastards!

[/quote]

ROTFLMAO!!!!!