Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

PCTel HSP 56 Micromodem

Thread: PCTel HSP 56 Micromodem

Xcelleration

PCTel HSP 56 Micromodem

Hello.
    I REALLY NEED Help connecting my PCTel HSP 56 Micromodem to Linux. My Specs:
    Compaq Presario 5109 RSH
    Mandrake Linus Standard 8.1
    Kernel 2.4.8 ???

Aaron_Adams

Re:PCTel HSP 56 Micromodem

I'm assuming you just don't know what driver to use?

Is there anything you've tried so far that has been unsuccesful?

I quick bit of googling brought me to http://pctelcompdb.sourceforge.net/v...ls.php?id_no=5
    Which says that there are working drivers for kernels 2.2.19 and 2.4.16 and up.

I'm not sure if you'd just want to compile the latest kernel or if you'd want to try and find the module and install it.

I also found a mini-howto on the configuration of your particular modem:
    http://www.peacefulaction.org/sayamindu/pctel.html

I'd recommend starting off with that and if it doesn't answer your questions post again.

Hope that helps!

Aaron

Xcelleration

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron_Adams
    Is there anything you've tried so far that has been unsuccesful?
    Erm, I've tried many drivers that didn't work, mainly because I couldn't understand how to install them... In either case, I've tried the drivers on those pages and they bring no response in MINICOM. ??? :'(

McBane

Im kinda interested in a fix for this.....Im about to go into Suse 8.1 and would like the install to be as painless as possible...

(Hint: Im a newb!)

JimH

A "painless" winmodem is that possible? :P

We actually got one of these things working with Red Hat 8 for someone who stopped by the IRC channel.

What kind of problem are you having? Does Suse 8.1 come with GCC 3.x?

Jim H

McBane

Hold that thought....

damn thing got lost in the mail.....waitin on replacement....*sigh*