Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GREAT beers

GREAT beers

I know I know...we have one of these threads every few months, but people always love them so what's the harm in having another?

Post your three favorite beers. If possible, post a description of what kind of beer they are as well as why you like them.

For me, it's

3) Guinness: For those of you who SOMEHOW don't know what Guinness is, it's a stout from Ireland. Very rich and thick, low carbonation, dark flavour. It's what introduced me to stouts and as such will always be looked upon fondly. Can be served cold or at room temperature.

2) Alexander Keith's: India Pale Ale. The epitome of india pale ale. Light flavour, light texture, cheap (in central and eastern Canada, that is). My beer of choice when I go out. It's a quality taste at domestic prices. For those of you who never drink anything besides Canadian or Blue, I'd definitely recommend you give Keith's a try...few are dissatisfied. Best served cold, but if you leave your glass for a game of pool or fooseball or the like, you probably won't be disappointed with what you return to.

1) Stella Artois: My all-time favorite. Brewed in picturesque Belgium, this smooth lager has a delightfully malty taste with just the right amount of hops. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it. The downside is the price...if you live anywhere outside of Europe, you pay import prices. It's worth it though...at the very least, try it on a special occasion. MAKE SURE YOU DRINK THIS ONE COLD. To me, as soon as it gets above sub-zero temperatures it tastes like absolute horse piss. If there's ice sliding off the can, you should be good to go.

Those are my three favorites. Honourable mention goes out to Lowenbrau (German?), Fin du Monde (Quebecois), Zvyweig (sp?....someone correct me on this please) (Polish), Tiger (Singapore), and good old Kokanee (British Columbia) solely for the reason that it and only it got me drunk from the ages of 12 to 18.

Your turn. And for the record, I intend to try at least one of everything mentioned here (when possible...some things just aren't available in some areas).

Re:GREAT beers

wow - you should write a paper on beers...

anywho! back in the day when i would tip a brewski or 30 i felt especailly lucky to be drinking:

Cororna - This may surpise some but i really liked this beer. with a piece of fresh lime. it was almost not beer, very light in both taste and ability to anhilate a fellow.

Fosters - I really liked the can - it had a taste to it that seemed like it was exaclty what beer was supposed to taste like. i know some aussies may think i am a freak - at least thats what i have been called by our friends down under for liking that beer.

Leinenkugels a beer from northern wisconsin - another good brew that tastes like what beer should.

Isn't this title an oxymoron... I mean GREAT beer? Is there such a thing ;D Just joking guys!! I for one don't care for beer but I know millions of other people out there LOVE the stuff. I also don't like veggies but I also know that millions of people like those too!!

Good Guru

3) leinekugels red

2) Spotted Cow

1) Rock Bottom Brewery's Pale Ale.

Otter, served at room temp, naturally. None of this crap gassy larger like fosters or stella. Never likes Guiness either - had a pint once, had to leave half of it. *shudder*

I only drink one kind of beer..

Beer of the month at the local microbrewery, it's beyond words.

oh yeah and when I'm really down I'll settle for an icecold "Faxe Fad"

Ahhh, beer.

I like Corona also. Had a nice pint of guiness the other day, man stout is not the word for it. As far as Foster's, The last time I had some of that it was on tap in St John, USVirgin Islands. Right then I came to the conclusion that Fosters (at least the on tap one) Is Austrailian for PISS!!

Good Guru

[quote author=GhostDawg link=board=17;threadid=5508;start=0#53712 date=1037181978]
    Ahhh, beer.
    [/quote]

I frequent there. As others now do as well. Their email seems to be fucking up alot lately. ALOT.

I have been known to down a pint of Killians Irish red from time to time. When I was in Scotland a couple of years ago, a mate of mine intro'd me to the wonders of Strongbow. ( I know doesnt qualify as beer but....) I had some kind of black and tan over there but dont remember what the name was. I had it at 430 in the morning, had been up since about 230 the previous morning and was supposed to be in my room asleep by midnite. What fun is going to a bar if u cant close it down?
    10Ded