Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Phone cards..

Thread: Phone cards..

Phone cards..

I am looking into phone cards, to call between the united states and canada.

The best one i have found as of yet, Minutepass, what i used to use when i called my friend over in california, is $0.11 a minute.. im hoping to find something cheaper...

Any ideas?

Re:Phone cards..

Hello, I call India (since my relatives live there), I use this one: 10 cents per minute:

http://www.hotfoon.com

You might want to check it out.

How many minutes per month do you use? This is cheap, if you talk enough to warrant $15 per month.

http://www.vonage.com/

At $15/month, that's 500 minutes ($0.03 per minute for your canada calls? Not bad..)

For $30 you could go unlimited..

You do need a broadband connection ofcourse, but you're gonna want one of those anyway, eh?

I have a broadband connection, but i am not looking for a internetphone thinger, I want a card, that i can use with my cell phone.. so i can move freely around my house/room..

Geeze, I didn't realize cordless phones were so immobile, well excuse me!

It kinda is and kinda isn't an internet thingy:
    http://www.vonage.com/installation_single.php

[quote author=vvx link=board=14;threadid=9291;start=0#msg84106 date=1086313890]
    [/quote]

sorry, when you said broadband i immediatly assumed it was a computer-only thing.

Anyways, here is the thing.. I dont want a monthly fee.. I belive that is a monthly fee. I just want to buy a card as I need it, or pay for minutes when i need it... ill look deeper into the vonage site though.

[quote author=Holy_Knight link=board=14;threadid=9291;start=0#msg84108 date=1086328206]
    [quote author=vvx link=board=14;threadid=9291;start=0#msg84106 date=1086313890]
    [/quote]

sorry, when you said broadband i immediatly assumed it was a computer-only thing.

Anyways, here is the thing.. I dont want a monthly fee.. I belive that is a monthly fee. I just want to buy a card as I need it, or pay for minutes when i need it... ill look deeper into the vonage site though.
    [/quote]

I assumed that was what you assumed. Like I said, if you don't talk $15/month it's not worth it. The calls to Canada would be free, but you have the monthly fee, so divide the fee by number of minutes you would talk (as long as you don't go over the limit on the $15 plan) and there's your minute rate. I don't talk much either, so it's much more expensive for me than just using a prepaid phone (no international calls for me either.)