Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Non vi(m) users club - revisited
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non vi(m) users club - revisited

Non vi(m) users club - revisited

I told you we would be back- bwaha haha haha haha.....

8)Pico 8)

:P :P

Re:Non vi(m) users club - revisited

non-vim users??? I don't understand.
    this would be like non-air breaters...

No matter how much I try, I can never get vi to work.

Pico 8)

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=trickster link=board=17;threadid=5493;start=0#52985 date=1036210295]
    No matter how much I try, I can never get vi to work.

Pico 8)
    [/quote]

Type [tt]vim[/tt] at the console. Should work after that. :P

I like vi, but I got to admit, it is not easy to use. Gvim is fine. Haven't tried Kvim yet. Never tried elvis. Anymore vi-alikes?

I can't get VI to enter insert mode! I use VIM on the Debian box, and MCEdit on the Slackware box. Good apps.

[quote author=stryder144 link=board=17;threadid=5493;start=0#52987 date=1036211730]
    I like vi, but I got to admit, it is not easy to use. Gvim is fine. Haven't tried Kvim yet. Never tried elvis. Anymore vi-alikes?
    [/quote]

I also like Gvim. When I'm in X, I always use Gvim instead of vim. Elvis is nice too, it was my favorite editor for a long time. One of the features I'm still missing is Elvis' ability to render HTML like a web browser (actually you can surf the web with Elvis :P). The result isn't the best out there, but it's nice when editing a web site.

As for vi... alright, maybe some of you gurus could explain this to me since this gets me a bit confused. I've always had the impression that if you use the real vi, you must be running a Unix system. On all the Linux systems I know, vi is just a symlink to vim (or, in some cases, elvis). So, is there anyone out there who really is running vi on a Linux system?

Good Guru

[quote author=NGene link=board=17;threadid=5493;start=0#52990 date=1036226305]
    So, is there anyone out there who really is running vi on a Linux system?
    [/quote]

Yes .. 2 soon to be 3 systems. All running OpenBSD.

All bow to the unsrupassable power of OpenBSD!!

[quote author=Schotty link=board=17;threadid=5493;start=0#53004 date=1036272264]
    [quote author=NGene link=board=17;threadid=5493;start=0#52990 date=1036226305]
    So, is there anyone out there who really is running vi on a Linux system?
    [/quote]

Yes .. 2 soon to be 3 systems. All running OpenBSD.

All bow to the unsrupassable power of OpenBSD!!
    [/quote]

OpenBSD is a Linux system...? :P

Good Guru

[quote author=NGene link=board=17;threadid=5493;start=0#53060 date=1036354016]
    OpenBSD is a Linux system...? :P
    [/quote]
    Oh ... much more than that

KVim.... it's KDE and VIM all in one.... who could possibly want more?