Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: w00t! Daddy-o's got Bass!

Kind Mastermind

w00t! Daddy-o's got Bass!

w00t! I finally figured out how to properly hook up my computer to my little stereo system. Now Daddy-o's* got bass! The stereo y-cable couldn't make proper contact inside the line-out port of the soundcard. So, in a fit of dementia, I grabbed a 1/8" cable extension, plugged it into my line-out port, plugged the y-cable into the extension, then plugged a set of stereo cables into the y-cable. From there, the stereo cables were plugged into the aux-in of my little Panasonic shelf stereo. Now I have bass! Not to mention, the stereo lost the capability to play cd's, so now it gets cd's, mp3's, ogg's, etc courtesy of my computer (running Linux, of course!). I am so stoked!

*Daddy-o is what my four year old daughter started calling me about two and a half years ago and it stuck.

Cheers

Re:w00t! Daddy-o's got Bass!

What about a PET? ;D

Good Guru

Pics please ;D

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=Schotty link=board=14;threadid=5473;start=0#52840 date=1036012291]
    Pics please ;D
    [/quote]

Dude! I'm still trying to get around to posting a picture of myself from about, what, nearly a six months to a year ago! Plus, since I am in the process of trying to decide what to throw out, what goes with my wife and what goes with me, my comp room is a royal mess! My wife would never allow me to take pictures of the mess and I'm not going to straighen out the area just for a picture or ten .

Actually, I might just take a few pictures and post them in a few days. I'm pretty proud of myself right now!

Cheers

Good Guru

See, all geeks need to share their creations to show other geeks what to one up. How can we all be geeks when nobody knows what to one up? Do I have to goto BestBuy, piss away 24K on the ubergodly home theatre, and take pics of that? No. Because YOU are going to post that pic DAMMIT! >

Advisor

heh, good sound on computer = good! I currently have my box hooked up to my stereo aswell, nothing like games in dolby pro logic 5.1 surround sound ;D Try playing a first person shooter with the bass way up, and use the weakest weapon, something that you hit people with, like a crowebar / lead pipe / fist etc. When your room shakes you know you got it right ;D

Daddy-o.... sounds like your daughter is watching to much Ricki Lake. What does she think you are, a pimp or an army man?

[quote author=stryder144
    Dude! I'm still trying to get around to posting a picture of myself from about, what, nearly a six months to a year ago! Plus, since I am in the process of trying to decide what to throw out, what goes with my wife and what goes with me,
    Are you guys getting a seperation or something?

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=LC link=board=14;threadid=5473;start=0#53054 date=1036352566]
    [/quote]

You could say that, Lovey. At the request of the US Government, I will be moving to South Korea, alone. I will move my family to an unknown location somewhere in the States to await my return (we should find out where they are to be sent later this month or early next). So, no, we are not getting a seperation but are, indeed, being forced to seperate. Hopefully, it will be a profitable seperation (I'm hoping to continue my studies and get several classes knocked out).

Cheers

[quote author=stryder144 link=board=14;threadid=5473;start=0#53067 date=1036359356]
    [quote author=LC link=board=14;threadid=5473;start=0#53054 date=1036352566]
    [/quote]

You could say that, Lovey. At the request of the US Government, I will be moving to South Korea, alone. I will move my family to an unknown location somewhere in the States to await my return (we should find out where they are to be sent later this month or early next). So, no, we are not getting a seperation but are, indeed, being forced to seperate. Hopefully, it will be a profitable seperation (I'm hoping to continue my studies and get several classes knocked out).

Cheers
    [/quote]

Uncle Sam is CRUEL... I would go crazy if I was place in a country filled with hot asian women, under those terms..

Lots of money, no controlfreak in sight..... Now that would be a test of the ages if I ever saw one...