Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Cruiser

Thread: Cruiser

Kind Mastermind

Cruiser

My wife surprised me today with a conversation that she started. She said that if we can buy a van that is more reliable than our current one (the electrical system is acting weird), then I can buy a motorcycle. I should have recorded the conversation, but I will continue to bring it up from time to time, just so she won't forget.

Having said that, I want to start looking into a 750 cc cruiser (I will not purchase a crouch-rocket). Used. Any ideas, fellas (and ladies)? I'm not looking for a Gold Wing class bike (obviously a 750cc engine would be bogged down considerably by the weight of such a beast), just something that would be reliable and affordable. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Re:Cruiser

Nice!! ;D

Are you back in the USA already?

so with 4 kids and a fifth on the way you are buying a motorcycle..

I would think that money would be spread rather thin in such a household, but either way good luck.

I'm not sure if it qualifies as a cruiser but Honda Nighthawks are supposed to be very good bikes. I'm pretty sure there are models that clock in at the 700+ cc range. With that said, you probably know more about this than me so all I can say for sure is that I hope you do find a nice set of wheels and that you enjoy them once you get them.

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=trickster link=board=17;threadid=9281;start=0#msg83921 date=1085961129]
    Nice!! ;D

Are you back in the USA already?
    [/quote]

Yes, indeed-illy do, I am in the US now. Been back almost one month now. I've been having a blast. Been within spitting distance of a herd of buffalo (not brave enough to actually spit at them, who knows if that would offend them or not, what), almost had my van boarded by a couple of wild prairie dogs, got a picture of one of my daughters four feet away from a Mountain Goat, seen a few Pronghorn Antelope, chased a herd of Mule Deer (deer plus large aircraft equals too much damage...a Mulie can cause tens of thousands of dollars of damage to an aircraft, besides killing itself in the process), walked around Devil's Tower, looked up the noses of four of our dead Presidents at Mount Rushmore, had a picnic in the Badlands...all in a one week period.

I can't wait to sort things out here and get my computer. This internet connect is slowwww and the comp is even slower than that. I can't complain, though, since at least I have a computer/internet connection. I also can't wait to go on vacation in August. Going to hit Colorado and possibly the Grand Canyon in Arizona.

I'd also like to buy a wildlife conservation tool and take an active hand in conserving wildlife in the local area. Of course, you need a good truck/van for that...don't think it would make the cops happy transporting a firearm openly on a motorcycle.

Lovey...you are indeed right, children can be expensive. Fortunately, we make enough to cover whatever additional expenses of having another mouth in the house. Buying a motorcycle actually makes some economical sense, since they are great on gas (most of my driving is from home to work and back). At any rate, I wouldn't even consider buying a motorcycle if we couldn't handle the expense of it. I would never put my family in financial straights just to please myself.

Cheers