Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

wvdial and konqueror problem

Thread: wvdial and konqueror problem

Kind Mastermind

wvdial and konqueror problem

Alright folks, here it is:

I downloaded wvdial 1.53.0.1 and got it installed (dang, I love dpkg!). Everything went fine with the install and I got it to dial my modem. I get connected alright but when I load Konqueror it comes up with the following message:

An error occured while loading http://www.lindows.com/warehouse: Unknown host www.lindows.com
    I get the same message no matter what website I try, so it's not lindows (I'm running Lindows 1.1). Is it wvdial or is it possibley konqueror not being able to see that the connection with my isp has been made? Where do I need to look to find a .log file or some other message? Every log file I've looked at didn't seem to referrence anything about pppd. Is it a dhcp problem? Help!

Cheers

Good Guru

Re:wvdial and konqueror problem

Are you retrieving both your DNS and gateway info from your ISP?

I JUST got my kpp working and it was that that was throwing me off. I think the final thing was to disable the DNS lookups locally while connected ... not sure, ill jot the settings down later on and post them.

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=Schotty link=board=1;threadid=5417;start=0#52479 date=1035423050]
    Are you retrieving both your DNS and gateway info from your ISP?

I JUST got my kpp working and it was that that was throwing me off. I think the final thing was to disable the DNS lookups locally while connected ... not sure, ill jot the settings down later on and post them.
    [/quote]

I would really appreciate anything that you could post. Thanks!

Cheers

Good Guru

Allright in kppp I went to setup -> Accounts

Authentication = Pap/Chap

->IP

Ip address is dynamic

The 'Auto configure hostname from this ip' checkbox is unchecked

->Gateway

'Default gateway' is selected

'Assign default route to this gateway' checked

-> DNS

Automatic

Make sure NOT to disable local DNS -- that will fuckup GNOME bigtime. We're talking like 2-3 minute actions. This was a bad idea :'(

Now, if that alone dont work, I went in and added into the redhat network configurator and added in the 2 DNS Servers to my setup and the search domain (pitnet.net) to the config. I dont think thats being used, much since I cant connect thru that way (wvdial). It just wont. Wont even touch the modem. SO soemthing is screwy there for me. But kppp works right now and thats what I am dialed up with.

Kind Mastermind

Why is it that simple stuff is the reason for problems? I usually can't stay actively connected for more than 3-5 minutes with kppp. Well, I just decided to mess with a few of the config settings that kppp allows you to mess with. Low and behold, I've been on the net now for almost an hour! w00t!

Good Guru

You da man!!

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=Schotty link=board=1;threadid=5417;start=0#52538 date=1035491384]
    You da man!!
    [/quote]

[elvis voice]Thank you! Thank you very much! Can I get a peanut butter and banana sam-ich?[/elvis voice]

You couldn't imagine (well, you probably can!) how cool it is to go from 5 minutes of connection up-time to 200.8! Whee...life rocks. Now, I'm trying to d/l mozilla and a few other essential tools to add to the stock Lindows desktop.

Schotty...thanks for your help. I wouldn't have thought to play with some of the configuration elements if you hadn't posted. It was in the course of trying to figure out kppp's settings that got me desperate enough to fool around with the settings. You da man to the 10th power!

Cheers

Good Guru

[homer voice]

Can I have some money now?

[dumb stare [/dumb stare]

OOH BEER!

[/homer voice]

Hey, its in my nature to enjoy dicking with shit that nobody gives a rats ass about. NP dude