Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

SNMP & OpenBSD

Thread: SNMP & OpenBSD

Good Guru

SNMP & OpenBSD

I have been tasked to do SNMP on at least one of my (although I will end up doing both) OpenBSD servers. I am confused as all hell. At least, the nice thing, is that I wont have to worry about WAN attacks on either. Its mainly for making sure the server is collecting data from another server.

I got printouts of all of the relevant man pages, but am stumped as to how I must create my snmpd.conf and snmp.conf files.

Any help/hints?

Good Guru

Re:SNMP & OpenBSD

Perhaps I need to clairify --

I need to first get the agents setup then I can probably figure out the tools. But I have no clue as to what the hell I am doing. I need idiot-ized pages on snmp. Now what I do know is that I gotta make some MIB's -- one for each service I want to monitor/admin. Thats the first part as to where I am more than just foggy. Second -- locking it down seems to make sense, but want clarification. I can put in a config file the IPs of clients that are allowed to connect right? If not, I am lost there.

I have never done SNMP, thus I am a ibt lost ;D

Thanks though for the links.