Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

SuSE 8.1 illustrates MS' fear

Thread: SuSE 8.1 illustrates MS' fear

Mentor

SuSE 8.1 illustrates MS' fear

Anyone wondering why MS execs Steve Ballmer and Brian Valentine are so bent out of shape about Linux should check out SuSE's most recent distro, 8.1, for insight. For a desktop PC or small-biz network it's already miles ahead of Win98-SE and ME and closing fast on XP for ease of installation and use by first-timers.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/27759.html

Good Guru

Re:SuSE 8.1 illustrates MS' fear

OMG ! I might have to give it a try for SuSE 8.1 just the hell of it with WinModems that are collecting dusts ....

SuSE now supports many of the WinModems !!

SuSE has always had a quality distro, and it has always been amongst the easiest to install and use on the desktop. I can only imagine that marketing has been what has kept RH above SuSE as the rpm distro of choice in the US. (Ok, the lack of an ISO download may also be a factor). All in all, SuSE is quality stuff.

HAHA!!!

I told you all!!!!

Suse 7.3 was the reason I dumped Win2K on the dual boot

SUSE ROX