Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Where have all the penguins gone?

Thread: Where have all the penguins gone?

Where have all the penguins gone?

OK, so I have begun playing with fvwm, and I am thus far very impressed.

However, I am having some trouble getting my icons for minimized windows to work. I have installed the "penguins" .xpm icon set, and in my .fvwm2rc file I have set;

Code:
    ImagePath/usr/X11R6/share/icons/44x52-penguins/
    which is the right path to my cute little penguins. But I only get a few icons for minimized windows, and those are yucky old B&W low res things.

So, what I am doing wrong?

Re:Where have all the penguins gone?

hi cga!
    well that all looks cozy. alt6hopugh all mu imagepath statements look like this:
    Code:
    ImagePath $HOME/.fvwm/icons:$HOME/.fvwm/images:/usr/local/share/icons:+
    ImagePath /usr/share/icons:/usr/share/pixmaps:/usr/include/X11/pixmaps:+
    how are you using them? you should juts be able to call out any image name at it should work.

[quote author=pbharris link=board=6;threadid=5386;start=0#52303 date=1035170595]
    hi cga!
    well that all looks cozy. alt6hopugh all mu imagepath statements look like this:
    Code:
    ImagePath $HOME/.fvwm/icons:$HOME/.fvwm/images:/usr/local/share/icons:+
    ImagePath /usr/share/icons:/usr/share/pixmaps:/usr/include/X11/pixmaps:+
    how are you using them? you should juts be able to call out any image name at it should work.
    [/quote]

I'll try fiddling with it some more tonight. Maybe I can copy the icons over to my ~/ directory and try working from there.

As to use, well, I just set 'em with style, right?

[quote author=cga link=board=6;threadid=5386;start=0#52313 date=1035203494]
    As to use, well, I just set 'em with style, right?
    [/quote]

That's right. Make sure they come first in your image path if you have more than one icon by the same name. Also some apps supply icons using the wm hints. To force the use of your icon rather than the app supplied one you can use the IconOverride option like so:

Style app Icon whatever.xpm, MiniIcon somethingelse.xpm, IconOverride

Well duh! I had a typo in the path name. Thanks guys, for the help.

I may well be on my way to becoming an fvwm convert! I have a nice, functional setup now. Time to fine tune...