Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

SB128 programming

Thread: SB128 programming

SB128 programming

Hi all,

I am looking for information about how to program a Soundblaster PCI128 on Linux. I am using Kdevelop 2.1 with Qt.

Does anyone here know how to program that soundcard or know where i can found useful information??

[EDIT] BTW i a using c/c++ [/EDIT]

Advisor

Re:SB128 programming

Program the SB128 ?? I'm confused here, what is it you want, to create a program with which you will be able to change hardware settings on the card ?

Or just some music program, that will play a given file, and use the SB128 as output?

For the last one you just need to open /dev/dsp in a nonblocking way, then pipe to it what ever sound you want to output.

For the first one, you'll need to find the specifications for the hardware, a thing I doubt will be open to the public.

Sorry i wasn't clear enough, but i meant to play a soundfile.

So thanx for info

The simplest way to do it is to cat blah.wav > /dev/dsp ... but that isn't bery practical. I assume you are using QT, in which case you can use QSound:

http://doc.trolltech.com/3.0/qsound.html