Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Red Hat 8.0 and SoundBlaster Live 5.1 Platinum - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Red Hat 8.0 and SoundBlaster Live 5.1 Platinum

Re:Red Hat 8.0 and SoundBlaster Live 5.1 Platinum

[quote author=Schotty link=board=1;threadid=5343;start=0#52147 date=1034870819]
    try running this :

/usr/sbin/setup

You can su, sudo or do it as root itself. There is an option for soundcard configuration. Try running that. Tell us what happens when you try the sample wave file.
    [/quote]

I don't hear the sound. I put in a cd to make sure the volume was up and it was. I'm running a new kernel 2.4.18-17.8.0 . This kernel was downloaded for me by a buddy of mine. I think I installed it correctly and I did enable sound support, soundblaster live and load module support.

okay - here is my /etc/modules.conf

Code:
    alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
    alias eth0 tulip
    alias sound-slot-0 emu10k1
    post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
    pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
    alias usb-controller usb-uhci
    alias char-major-195 NVdriver
    alias char-major-89 i2c-dev

Here's a copy of my etc/modules.conf on initial install:

alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
    alias eth0 tulip
    alias usb-controller usb-uhci
    alias sound-slot-0 emu10k1
    post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
    pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S >/dev/null 2>&1 || :

We made a decision to go ahead and buy the commerical OSS program so we can move on. We still have cameras, scanners, and our networks to get online. We want to thank everyone for your help. We've learned alot and may be back again for help on our other peripherials.

r,

ETC(SW) Reed, Jack E.

Thats a shame that you couldn't get your soundcards to work (I have a SB Live! 5.1 Platinum working great, but under Linux From Scratch). Best of luck learning Gnu/Linux!