Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
apache help... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: apache help...

Re:apache help...

I have I guess a similar problem I can't seem to get to my page with front page. I do have frontpage extensions installed on apache, no problem getting to it with browser. Running Mandrake 9.0 Apache 1.3.26

Thanks in advance

Good Guru

Re:apache help...

[quote author=winston link=board=4;threadid=5338;start=0#52440 date=1035378754]
    I can't seem to get to my page with front page.[/quote]
    What do you mean by "get to my page with front page" ? Are you trying to directly edit web pages and updating with front page?

If that's what you are tryig to do, then it's NOT possible even with IIS running on Win2K or NT. What FrontPage does is directly mount the share via SMB within its protocol.

I do have frontpage extensions installed on apache, no problem getting to it with browser.
    FrontPage extension of only for server-side stuff. Its main use is that when you developed with FrontPage, Front Page will encode webpages with FrontPage specific stuff.
    So normally if you develop with Front Page and serve web pages with Apache, you will either a) develop HTTP standards complient web pages only, b) recode Front Page specific stuff, or c) keep it some functions broken.
    If you have FrontPage extension with Unix based web servers, then without re-developing your web pages ( thus recoding it ), that software will support translation of codes and display it correctly.

But that's nothing to do with being able to update web pages directly with Front Page.

HTH ..