Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

LFS Package Management

Thread: LFS Package Management

Mentor

LFS Package Management

I've done a bit of a search and had a look around but I haven't been able to find anything I really understand that well. Can anyone tell me a simple way to implement package management in LFS. I don't mean RPM or anything like that, I want something that will make it easier to uninstall source etc.
    Cheers
    CP

Re:LFS Package Management

Both feztaa and I wrote PETs for that - Feztaa' seems more evolved, he even has a slackware like package system.

I use ftrace, works great

Mentor

Small problems there. Ftrace doesn't seem to exist at all anymore, there is a link to the site, but it is dead. I searched freshmeat, google, sourceforge with no luck at all. It has disappeared. And the link in Feztaa's PET is dead too, it seems his homepage has gone. So could someone tell me where I can get ftrace please, or are there any other suggestions. Thanks guys
    CP

I seem to remember something about installlog or installwatch a while back being mentioned on the LFS site...

Good luck hunting.

Mentor

I found a hint about a script called install-log. It is pretty basic but seems to do the trick. It takes all the files modified by the program and creates a file containing the names.
    CP

I use darkpacks (slackpacks+gpg signatures) on my LFS box. It's pretty simple to use and easy to install and uninstall software with it.

[quote author=CP link=board=7;threadid=5321;start=0#51878 date=1034600198]
    Small problems there. Ftrace doesn't seem to exist at all anymore, there is a link to the site, but it is dead. I searched freshmeat, google, sourceforge with no luck at all. It has disappeared. And the link in Feztaa's PET is dead too, it seems his homepage has gone. So could someone tell me where I can get ftrace please, or are there any other suggestions. Thanks guys
    CP
    [/quote]

I have a copy of it here if you want it (I keep a compressed tree of all the current source on my server in case of things such as this)