Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

How do you connect?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you connect?

How do you connect?

I still connect with a 56k modem. The only broadband access around here is directv, and as far is I know, there is no linux software to access their service.

Re:How do you connect?

I connect with a Lucent 56kb modem :-/ Our monopolistic telco charges too much for "broadband" (its only 128kb ADSL) and the service is unreliable. Its also capped at 5gb (up and down, apparently its ALL traffic too, whether its national or international) and their usage meter is very unreliable.

The only thing I don't like about dial up really, is that it takes too long to download Linux iso's. If I could do that quickly, I'd be happy.

hi mike!
    directTV works great for me and they say they they support linux i am using it now ;D

Uncapped cable connection with unlimited bandwidth!

hehe. It never used to be like that before though. I guess they just got tired of being greedy.

BTW, this is through Adelphia Communications.

The same old US Robotics 56 K modem that I used on my Mac. ;D

I've had this modem for, uh, five years at least.

external 56k modem. To bad the phone lines sucks balls around here and the best I can get is a 28.8 connection. >

Mentor

dsl, i dont know the speeds , sorry :-[

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

With a Diamond SupraExpress 56i SP modem which is just over two years old and no longer available.

10 mb/s ethernet full duplex

using alcatel adsl speedtouch (usb) for the first time outside MS Windows and the first thing I did is visit here and register again..

hi everyone

thanks for mandrake 9.0

I need some time to organise my homenetwork in my new flat and I will be back.

p.s.
    Oh.. finally

/edit
    forgot to mention speed is 384kbps the highest available to consumers by our only isp
    /edit

Knight
    ==================
    Knowledge is Power
    ==================