Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Red Hat 8.0: The new ease and power Linux champ - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red Hat 8.0: The new ease and power Linux champ

Re:Red Hat 8.0: The new ease and power Linux champ

red hat? mandrake? debian? never heard of them they sound like ancient tortoises. i will stick with my quick young bunny Arch Linux :P

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=sarah31 link=board=7;threadid=5280;start=0#53318 date=1036685686]
    i will stick with my quick young bunny Arch Linux :P
    [/quote]

So what you're saying is that your Linux looks cute and reboots quickly, many times a day? :P

I might have to revisit the Arch Linux Project. I couldn't seem to solve some issues and lost interest in them. Maybe I should give it a go next week (after I kill my ISP).

[quote author=stryder144 link=board=7;threadid=5280;start=0#53320 date=1036685996]
    [quote author=sarah31 link=board=7;threadid=5280;start=0#53318 date=1036685686]
    i will stick with my quick young bunny Arch Linux :P
    [/quote]

So what you're saying is that your Linux looks cute and reboots quickly, many times a day? :P

I might have to revisit the Arch Linux Project. I couldn't seem to solve some issues and lost interest in them. Maybe I should give it a go next week (after I kill my ISP).
    [/quote]

Reboot? i try not to but i test alot of stuff being an unofficial maintainer and all.
    Looks cute? well the woman in my background is a hottie if that is what you mean.
    As for the dialup issues i will press the developers to get that going so folks like you can have an easier time with it. The 0.4 iso will have some important fixes too that will make life easier--hopefully. Arch is young and has very few developers so expect a few more bumps in the road. there is good help most of the time on the irc channel and some fixes to known bugs suggested in the forum.

well installed it again, this time i did not use my hard drive images and i used my CDs, prior to this i had had problems with redhat 8.0, nvidia and a couple of gtk programs - now it has been running very nicely...

Good Guru

Sweet!

I only had issues on my (ex)work box. My home rigs are fine.

Well I still couldn't get RH 8.0 or MDK 9.0 working so I gave up on them and instead installed Debian 3.0!

I must say I really like the apt-get feature and how it handles the dependencies.

And I still have my Slack, can't wait till 9.0 comes out! ;D

[quote author=CHRONOS link=board=7;threadid=5280;start=0#53208 date=1036562158]
    [quote author=GnuVince link=board=7;threadid=5280;start=0#53159 date=1036497346]
    - up2date costs money? I'm staying with apt-get
    [/quote]

Where did you hear that? up2date doesn't cost a dime. I'm using it right now and I haven't paid a cent nor have I been prompted for money or credit card info.
    [/quote]

I agree. People keep saying that up2date costs money but I've been using it for about a year and a half and have never paid a dime.