Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows forum?

Mentor

Windows forum?

We have an Apple and a Unix forum. Since a lot of people have to use Windows at work / school, we see Windows-related questions popping up from time-to-time. So I'm consider adding a Windows forum. Any thoughts?

Mentor

Re:Windows forum?

only if it has something to do with linux. like winex or networking the OS's but just a straight windows forum i say no , there are enough of thoses around.

Mentor

[quote author=boblucci link=board=18;threadid=5270;start=#51598 date=1034184519]
    only if it has something to do with linux. like winex or networking the OS's but just a straight windows forum i say no , there are enough of thoses around.
    [/quote]

The idea is to help out members of this board with their Windows-related problems/questions just like the Mac and Unix forums, so they don't have to go somewhere else.

Kind Mastermind

You know, I'm all for adding a Windows section. My biggest reason is that I have stopped using Windows except when something is wrong with my Linux computer, so I can't always be assured that I know how to fix a windows problem. I have many friends who use just windows, so it would be nice to be able to point them to this forum (with the hope that they will start using linux).

Just my two pesos.

Cheers

I think that it is a great idea. Like you said cloverm help current LJr members with their Windows problems. Not all of us have the luxury of being able to run Linux 24/7. I dual boot Windows and Linux, and stay mainly in Windows cuz I don't wanna hear my wife complain every time she goes to use the computer that Linux is up and running.

Anyway I think its a great idea!!

Good Guru

I think thats a beautiful idea. We all have to admit that we are pretty much all forced to deal with the evil flag of satan from time to time (or for some of us, all day). I see that being a pretty good place for more windows centric help.

I think it is a good idea.

Mentor

[quote author=cloverm link=board=18;threadid=5270;start=0#51600 date=1034187155]
    [quote author=boblucci link=board=18;threadid=5270;start=#51598 date=1034184519]
    [/quote]

The idea is to help out members of this board with their Windows-related problems/questions just like the Mac and Unix forums, so they don't have to go somewhere else.
    [/quote]

What??? you are going to argue with me ........ thats it ....i'm leaving.......

hehe

just kidding , what ever you do is ok with me, i'm going to be here if there is a windows forum or not.

Ya know, now that i think about it , i'm in the same boat as mcdougrs, i dual boot and spend a majority of the time in windows , but i dont have any problems :P

you have my seal of approval ;D

Mentor

Thank you for the overwhelming support. The new forum is in place now.

Good Guru

Thanks Cloverm!

good move!