Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

best HD manufacturer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best HD manufacturer

best HD manufacturer

People,

Who do you think makes the best hard drives in terms of speed, reliability, and price?

thanx,

Good Guru

Re:best HD manufacturer

I make sweet love to the cowgirls from Western Digital. I have yet to have a drive fail that wasnt my fault. ( Dropping a hard drive from 2.5 feet while in a car getting splattered in a car accident. It was in my backpack). Maxtor is nice too. But WD owns me like the dirty whore I am.

I make sweet love to the hotties from Seagate. I have yet to have a Seagate fail, even though i have all the gracefulness of a drunken crack whore elephant. WD is nice too, but Segate ownz me like like the filthy little harlot i am.

Good Guru

From my experience, Seagate makes pretty good IDE drives, but stellar SCSI drives. The SCSI Seagates are about as high on my list of sexy SCSI HDs as WD is for IDE HDs.

I've seen both of those fail at work. Also Maxtors. On my experience, all three are very good. However, I've had more Western Digital failures than Seagate's. Of course, we had more Western Digital hard drive's than Seagate's.
    I personally prefer Seagate in both IDE and SCSI.

Mentor

another vote for Western Digital

Mentor

Used to run my own computer business for a couple of years. I've seen most failures of Western Digital drives. However, there's not one brand I haven't seen to fail. So go figure ...

I've had a couple of WD crash on me more so then any others, but I prefer Maxtor drives!

Yep, I try to stay away from anything thats not Maxtor. Although they did come under fire recently for decreasing the warranty period on their hd's :-/ I've heard bad stuff about WD, maybe they've overcome the problems they were having?

However, I've been using Seagate, Maxtor and WD drives without any problems, but all in all, I'd look for a Maxtor before anything else.

PS, 499th post!

Good Guru

Around here at work, we got a shitload of Seagates, WD, and Samsungs. They are all pretty reliable. But the Samsungs are just slower than the others. We got like 2 maxtors, maybe 3. they arent bad. I got a Maxtor in here (the second largest drive in the company, sans the servers). But as for actual performance -- I really wish I had a WD .. or even a smaller seagate.