Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

hostname of a pc

Thread: hostname of a pc

Associate

hostname of a pc

Hey,
    my current host is set to localhost.localdomain
    I have boughed a domainname and I would like to set that instead of localhost.localdomain
    I only don't know how , I'm not asking how to do it cause it will be to long to explain but I'm asking what kind of how to should I look for read ?
    cause I have nu clue now
    greetz kemu

Re:hostname of a pc

Edit /etc/HOSTNAME

Associate

ok
    will people then be able to instead of http://myip do http://www.myhostname.com to visit mysite ?
    i'm running apache
    any tutorial on this edithing hostname file
    btw there is no hostname file in /etc what now
    running mdk 8.2

Short answer no it wont....You need to get DNS service for that. Try www.zoneedit.com for a free DNS service, if you have static ip that is...... Very good and free =) You then point it to your IP address, your hostname has nothing to do with that. You can name your box Mandrake.0wnz.me and have a domain called Microsoftsucks.com pointing to it, because all the domain name is concerned with is your IP ADDRESS....