Thread: Whats up with the board?

Whats up with the board?

It's changed all around and O/T isnt even on the main listing anymore. Is LJR dead over a little bit of fallout? Change it back to the way it was and get back to business as usual.

This was a very good site w/ a lot of promise. It seems as if the people who dragged LJR down left, so go ahead and change it back. If you get problems give the mods that arent egotistical and single-minded the ability to ban for a given time.

Don't get all silly with being Politically Correct and stuff. There are enough groups doing that already.

Re:Whats up with the board?

i dunno...
    i like it. this is first and foremost a linux help board. cloverm has bent over backwards to accomadate everyone and this is probably as a solution as any. i am sure that if enough people echoed your sentiments then cloverm would switch it back - this is afterall a community run site - hence the reason i like it so much. we really do have a lot of freedom here. almost anyone who requests the ablity can post front page news, they can post a PET without asking anyone. i don't think people really appreciate what freedoms do exist here at LJr.

Mentor

[quote author=noblestknight link=board=18;threadid=5173;start=0#51037 date=1033422633]
    It's changed all around and O/T isnt even on the main listing anymore. Is LJR dead over a little bit of fallout? Change it back to the way it was and get back to business as usual.

This was a very good site w/ a lot of promise. It seems as if the people who dragged LJR down left, so go ahead and change it back. If you get problems give the mods that arent egotistical and single-minded the ability to ban for a given time.

Don't get all silly with being Politically Correct and stuff. There are enough groups doing that already.
    [/quote]

I've been thinking about setting up a completely separate board for general discussions long before people started getting p.o.'d and leaving because of the off-topic discussions. It pretty much just triggered the move.
    I don't think we have any less traffic in the Linux-related forum than before. The overall traffic might be less, but that's because of the absence of off-topic discussions.
    I'm trying to get the new board going by posting articles that are worth talking about, hopefully we can get more members to join, while respecting the ones that are just not interested.

Good Guru

[quote author=noblestknight link=board=18;threadid=5173;start=0#51037 date=1033422633]
    Change it back to the way it was and get back to business as usual.[/quote]
    I'm completely neutral here... But I think the board lost some taste without the OT and Rants forums.

If you get problems give the mods that arent egotistical and single-minded the ability to ban for a given time.[/quote]
    I wished that the process was more well-thought and chose wisely than giving it to whoever volunteer and requested it.

Don't get all silly with being Politically Correct and stuff. There are enough groups doing that already.[/quote]
    Now, THAT I can agree completely. Neither being too much liberal or conservative is a good thing.

[quote author=pbharris link=board=18;threadid=5173;start=0#51049 date=1033432350]
    this is first and foremost a linux help board.[/quote]
    Agree but then again it's like saying people that "you come to your job to do your job as specified so just do it and no need to communicate with others and talk about anything else except work related."

[quote author=pbharris link=board=18;threadid=5173;start=0#51049 date=1033432350]
    this is afterall a community run site[/quote]
    I didn't see no vote count on spliting OT and Rants forums.

we really do have a lot of freedom here.[/quote]
    As long as someone agree with the mods or not offend the mods and their tiny minds.

almost anyone who requests the ablity can post front page news, they can post a PET without asking anyone.[/quote]
    Too many doctors will kill a child.

i don't think people really appreciate what freedoms do exist here at LJr.
    [/quote]
    That I agree with you. BUT policing and locking the thread won't get those who abuse that freedom to stop it.

That's what I think. Ban me, delete my account, block it, whatever ........