Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

tuned terminal window ?

Thread: tuned terminal window ?

Associate

tuned terminal window ?

i've often saw screenshots of those tuned terminal windows
    some are transparant what I would like to be able to do that myself only don't know what to use or what to search for

Advisor

Re:tuned terminal window ?

Use aterm or eterm, they both provide features of having a specified background image, or transparency to the desktop image provided this is set with esetroot (if I remember correct)

If you mean to inlay it with the background you can use this command, or configure it through the style.

Eterm:

Eterm --trans --buttonbar=false --scrollbar=false --borderless --geometry=100x25+0+0

The 'geometry' should set it at your top left side of your window, I think. On the last 2 digits, change the "+" to "-", and the "-" to "+" to change to different corners.

you can also use "-O" instead of "-trans" and add such option as:

--cmod-red 216 --cmod-blue 71 --cmod-green 71

to give yourself different colour shading (yes while still remaining "tranparent&quot

See my screenshot for an example of this.

[quote author=Sarah31 link=board=6;threadid=5002;start=0#49768 date=1032283960]
    See my screenshot for an example of this.
    [/quote]

nice screenshot - just a question who is that woman on the background ?

that is the singer/songwriter Heather Nova my absolute favorite musician.

Associate

I've installed Eterm but when I start it I get all kinds of errors

Code:
    [kemu@localhost kemu]$ Eterm
    Eterm:  Error:  Unable to load image file "tile/confusion.jpg"
    Eterm:  Error:  Unable to locate image "tile/confusion.jpg" in the image path.
    Eterm:  Error:  Unable to load image file "bar_vertical_3.png"
    Eterm:  Error:  Unable to locate image "bar_vertical_3.png" in the image path.
    Eterm:  Error:  Unable to load image file "bar_vertical_1.png"
    Eterm:  Error:  Unable to locate image "bar_vertical_1.png" in the image path.
    Eterm:  Error:  Unable to load image file "bar_vertical_2.png"
    Eterm:  Error:  Unable to locate image "bar_vertical_2.png" in the image path.
    Eterm:  Error:  Unable to load image file "thumb_1.png"
    Eterm:  Error:  Unable to locate image "thumb_1.png" in the image path.
    Eterm:  Error:  Unable to load image file "thumb_2.png"
    Eterm:  Error:  Unable to locate image "thumb_2.png" in the image path.
    Eterm:  Error:  Unable to load image file "button_arrow_up_1.png"
    and so on
    don't know what's wrong (Eterm starts when but I get errors)

one possibilty (since i am not sure which distro you are using) is that you may not have libast installed. Libast contains a host of files that Eterm uses on a regular basis. Or perhaps if you do have libast you just need to run ldconfig.

That is what i can think of off hand anyway.

Or if you are using KDE, konsole (the kde terminal) just click on settings and change away!