Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Mozilla releases Phoenix 0.1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mozilla releases Phoenix 0.1

Mentor

Mozilla releases Phoenix 0.1

Phoenix is a redesign of the Mozilla browser component, similar to Galeon, K-Meleon and Chimera, but written using the XUL user interface language and designed to be cross-platform.

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/phoe...ase-notes.html

Re:Mozilla releases Phoenix 0.1

What does it look like?

Why would I want to use it?

Will it be integrated into Mozilla/Netscape?

???

Good Guru

mozilla

faster than mozilla

no, its not going to be integrated, becuse its a new browser.

It's VERY cool, and after 5 minutes use, I think it's my new favorite browser!

Is it much faster? Does it have Mozilla Mail?

Cheers

I don't think it has moz mail, and it does seem faster.. maybe not "MUCH" faster, but faster never the less.

Um...why would I want a new browser front-end?

Once Mozilla loads, the GUI seems to do everything efficiently and in a timely manner (I don't notice any problems).

Having a couple seconds shaved off the loading time is not enough of an incentive for me to switch, especially if it doesn't have the Mail/Editor/Composer elements that Mozilla/Netscape has.

Not all of us use the editor/composer/mail/chat functions. Some of us want JUST a browser, and nothing more.

One of the things I notice, it takes up a lot less memory, so coming back to it after being away for a while, takes a lot less time to get it back into action. No lag.

Good Guru

Hmm, with ender's review, I am now downloading it as we speak. I shall see the now famous Phoenix...

Good Guru

hohohoho!

Nice, really nice. Cant wait till 1.0. Thats years away possibly, but worth it nonetheless. I like the fonts and the speed. Really responsive.