Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

mcedit

Thread: mcedit

mcedit

Gosh I love mcedit! But now I have a new trick. The Konsole terminal emulator in kde has some very nice toys for playing with mc and mcedit, like a "transparent mc" mode. 8)

With a darkish background, you can get this-

http://www.kcnet.com/~cadams/mc.png

Beats the default blue background.

Plus, Konsole lets you open multiple sessions within the single window, which lets you run multiple instances of mcedit at the same time. This, combined with the "clip" buffer, gives you multi-document editing capability.

But more than anything else, mcedit is just a great, all around easy to use editor with some very nice, powerful features that make it tough to beat for those of us unwilling to get into the whole vi/Emacs thing. I have yet to run into something that mcedit can not handle in my editing. Sure, all I do is simple HTML, LaTeX and some Perl and Bash scripting, but that is the whole point- for my needs, it is freaking perfect.

And, no, there really isn't much more to this post. I just thought this was kind of cool and wanted to share.

Re:mcedit

but doesn't mcedit take a minimum of 256 MB of ram ??

Joke!!

nice snap shot BTW

[quote author=pbharris link=board=2;threadid=5088;start=0#50502 date=1032716320]
    but doesn't mcedit take a minimum of 256 MB of ram ??

[/quote]

No, you're thinking of Emacs. ;D

Good Guru

Nah, he didnt day a rocket science degree from NASA ;D