Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing People

Missing People

I leave the board for a week and when I come back many of our hardcore posters are gone! Did I miss something?!

Kind Mastermind

Re:Missing People

Yes, you missed something. LC left over a moderator related issue. Just check out the Opinions section. I forget which post to look at, but I'm sure it will have been started by militant or LinuzRulz.

Cheers

yah..i noticed alot of posters gone.

[quote author=TeRG link=board=14;threadid=5061;start=0#50229 date=1032494114]
    yah..i noticed alot of posters gone.
    [/quote]

Why? If you stay clear of the opinions section, or enter it with a flack-jacket, what have you to worry about?

Lovechild left because a few people were griping about his moderation. Ralinx didn't give a reason that I have seen. (I'm guessing he left because Lovechild did.) Militant said he was going to carry his controversial issues to another bulletin board. He also said he was going to continue posting here on occasion, so I wonder if he deleted his account or if cloverm gave him the axe. And that's all I've seen leave lately.

Mentor

[quote author=Grand Aardvark Kenshi link=board=14;threadid=5061;start=#50248 date=1032528693]
    if cloverm gave him the axe.
    [/quote]

Nope.

Good Guru

Militant got pissed at me. He didnt like that fact that I told him to shut the hell up or play nice. I am not losing any sleep over him.

[quote author=Schotty link=board=14;threadid=5061;start=0#50259 date=1032532665]
    Militant got pissed at me. He didnt like that fact that I told him to shut the hell up or play nice. I am not losing any sleep over him.
    [/quote]
    and you shouldnt. if you do, your not cut out for being a mod. i know because i used to run a forum (20 some people), and yes i went through mod problems, but i got through them. (but thats because i had 2 mods that would fight from time to time)

Good Guru

Well, I was a dick about it. But that doesnt matter. I waited for the guy to become flat out hositle, and then gave him the shit. He didnt like it, and took my advice -- go elsewhere if you cant be nice. Apparently he could give a rats ass about the forums topic -- LINUX. Instead he gave conservatives a horrible name. At least the others that have been labeled irritating get the hint and play nice. I am just gald that he didnt continue crying on and on and make us mods have to REALLY step in.

But as far as I am concerned, now that the flamebaiting and trolling has cut down, LJR should be much more pleasant. Like I have said before, most people can talk politcs/religion/distro/sex and not get all pissey. He did. Oh well. Hes gone.

[quote author=Schotty link=board=14;threadid=5061;start=0#50328 date=1032566179]
    Well, I was a dick about it. But that doesnt matter. I waited for the guy to become flat out hositle, and then gave him the shit. He didnt like it, and took my advice -- go elsewhere if you cant be nice. Apparently he could give a rats ass about the forums topic -- LINUX. Instead he gave conservatives a horrible name. At least the others that have been labeled irritating get the hint and play nice. I am just gald that he didnt continue crying on and on and make us mods have to REALLY step in.

But as far as I am concerned, now that the flamebaiting and trolling has cut down, LJR should be much more pleasant. Like I have said before, most people can talk politcs/religion/distro/sex and not get all pissey. He did. Oh well. Hes gone.
    [/quote]
    and i think thats his problem.
    to be honest, i hang out here for both the topic, and the users. mostly the users.