Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Is Anyone Still Using Caldera?

Thread: Is Anyone Still Using Caldera?

Is Anyone Still Using Caldera?

I suspect very people still use Caldera. It's a bit amazing that they're still around.

Kind Mastermind

Re:Is Anyone Still Using Caldera?

Nope, though I do have several retail copy's and a tux doll that have Caldera on it (looks just like the Corel one that sits next to it).

I might try it out when I get the Microtel computer later this month/early next month.

Cheers

Good Guru

Caldera dumped linux, so I wouldnt even bother anymore. They favor the closed source world of SCO. IIRC, its a debian based distro (cant remember anymore). So I would just try a more recent flavor of debian that you havent tried before.

I should hope that no-one is still using Caldera :-\

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=Schotty link=board=7;threadid=5093;start=0#50556 date=1032821098]
    Caldera dumped linux, so I wouldnt even bother anymore. They favor the closed source world of SCO. IIRC, its a debian based distro (cant remember anymore). So I would just try a more recent flavor of debian that you havent tried before.
    [/quote]

IIRC...rpm based (it's been a while, so I could be wrong). Anyway, it's the first distro that I started with (that actually worked). I liked it a lot, but it held my hand way too much for my tastes. That is why slack is it for me.

I never liked Caldera because of Ransom Love. He is a jerk .. and luckily he is gone. Caldera is still in the Linux buisness, but it isn't their big product ... SCO is (hence the SCO Group or whatever they are called now).

Another problem I had was theat they licensed the software above and beyond the GPL so you had to have seat licenses. Talk about wrong! :