Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

apt-get problems...

Thread: apt-get problems...

apt-get problems...

I have recently been getting a lot of error when trying to download something... The problem from what I am seeing is that a certain program needs for example libgmp2 but I already got libgmp3 so why dosent apt-get just download it?

My /etc/apt/sources.list:
    Code:
    # See sources.list(5) for more information, especialy
    # Remember that you can only use http, ftp or file URIs
    # CDROMs are managed through the apt-cdrom tool.
    #Debian
    deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
    deb-src ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free

#Debian Non-US
    deb http://non-us.debian.org/ unstable/non-US main contrib non-free
    deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/ unstable/non-US main contrib non-free

#Debian security updates
    deb ftp://security.debian.org/debian-security stable/updates main contrib non-free
    deb-src ftp://security.debian.org/debian-security stable/updates main contrib non-free

#deb http://people.debian.org/~branden/ sid/i386/
    #deb http://download.us.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.0.3/Debian ./ 
    # KDE 3.0.3

#Ximian
    deb http://red-carpet.ximian.com/debian stable main

Re:apt-get problems...

When was the last time you did an apt-get update and apt-get upgrade?

Good Guru

Or better yet, apt-get dist-upgrade ??

I did that at the time that I posted this.. Now I didn't do apt-get dist-upgrade

That might be why I've been having all sort of problems with apt-get ... I'll try it out when I get home

[quote author=Compunuts link=board=12;threadid=5044;start=0#50592 date=1032882578]
    [/quote]
    How long would it take to do the dist-upgrade using dialup (56k)?

I don't have a lot of bloat stuff installed either like complete KDE or Gnome!

Thnx.

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=GhostDawg link=board=12;threadid=5044;start=0#53638 date=1037094567]
    [quote author=Compunuts link=board=12;threadid=5044;start=0#50592 date=1032882578]
    [/quote]
    How long would it take to do the dist-upgrade using dialup (56k)?

I don't have a lot of bloat stuff installed either like complete KDE or Gnome!

Thnx.

[/quote]

For me it usually takes about an hour or two. You're mileage may vary. Apt will start where it left off if you get disconnected. Apt is great.

Cheers

I've had some buddies that have run 'apt-get dist-upgrade' and only end up with problems. Try running 'apt-get update', or even (make a backup of /var/lib/dpkg) 'dselect update'.

Kind Mastermind

gmoreno...why do you have a mix of stable and unstable sources in your source list? I'm just wondering if that might be part of your problem. I'm still way too new to the whole Debian thing, so I could be way off base with that question. Shouldn't everything be stable, testing, or unstable?

Anyone know for sure, one way or the other?

Good Guru

[quote author=stryder144 link=board=12;threadid=5044;start=0#53649 date=1037113798]
    gmoreno...why do you have a mix of stable and unstable sources in your source list? I'm just wondering if that might be part of your problem. I'm still way too new to the whole Debian thing, so I could be way off base with that question. Shouldn't everything be stable, testing, or unstable?

Anyone know for sure, one way or the other?
    [/quote]

Now that brings up a good point -- for debian, does an apt-get kde work? Does it grab the latest KDE that is stable/testing for the appropriate source group? Or do you have to specify kde3.0.1 ?

If you must specify, then the only thing I could say, is no problem. Just will take longer for the sources to get refreshed.

Otherwise, I would have to say -- take your pick. The computer is going to react just as expected when you tell it to do something that is ambiguous -- barf out.

The stable version is now Woody, so everything it apt-get will be a stable version that Debian people have tested.

It also depends on how you have your source.list file setup. If you have it setup to get the testing/unstable or whatever it should be then it will get those type of apps. A default source.list will be stable source list.

I'm still fairly new with Debian so I hope this is correct! ;D