Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats up with the board ?

Hybrid View

Whats up with the board ?

Is it just me or are there more threads about politics / religion the absolute morals and the absolute truth - i mean that isnt a bad thing but I see only trolling here ..
    The really good and helpfull threads are very rare and / or just getting ignored.
    At first it was a good board and now some of the valuable members like lovechild and ralinx left, and the people who are actively posting don't even contribute to the linux related stuff
    The user agreement is a good idea but looks like nobody cares about that.
    After all this board was fun one time now its just annoying ..

-- just some small rant -- ignore it if you like ..

Re:Whats up with the board ?

I can't believe that they have left again. What is up with these people comming and going. Now regarding offtopic discussions I think that it isnt bad to have them. I do see how some energy is taken away out of some linux related stuff but it is nice to talk to our fellow linux geek about politics religion and see what our fellow geeks think.... Atleast that's my take on it.

Mentor

i try to help where i can in the technical sections, for the most part i try to stay out of the political and religous stuff , it's just a no-win stiuation.

i just ignore the trolls.

[quote author=boblucci link=board=18;threadid=5024;start=0#49909 date=1032359738]
    i try to help where i can in the technical sections, for the most part i try to stay out of the political and religous stuff , it's just a no-win stiuation.

i just ignore the trolls.
    [/quote]

true but as gmoreno says - it takes energy from the forum away and too much trolls cant be ignored .. i think its time for some restart ..

Mentor

I'm thinking about creating a new, separate board for general discussions and moving all non-linux related stuff from this board there. The new board could have an almost-anything-goes policy, while this one will have a more strict, must-stay-on-topic policy.

[quote author=cloverm link=board=18;threadid=5024;start=0#49911 date=1032360501]
    I'm thinking about creating a new, separate board for general discussions and moving all non-linux related stuff from this board there. The new board could have an almost-anything-goes policy, while this one will have a more strict, must-stay-on-topic policy.
    [/quote]

while this sounds like a good idea it wont prevent certain trolls (!) to spam in the linux and the other forum - i mean after all this should stay a nice forum to have fun but as im writing this someone has already posted the next lets say "controversal" thing just to gain some attention and to start a flamewar - very sad to see that :'(

Mentor

[quote author=ch-b link=board=18;threadid=5024;start=#49914 date=1032360904]
    while this sounds like a good idea it wont prevent certain trolls (!) to spam in the linux and the other forum
    [/quote]

It would be the moderators' job to prevent that ...

[quote author=cloverm link=board=18;threadid=5024;start=0#49915 date=1032361064]

[/quote]

yeah and there is the problem - the mods are closing threads the people will get angry but the root of the problem are the few trolls that are here and some moderators wont do anything about that ..

Mentor

[quote author=ch-b link=board=18;threadid=5024;start=0#49914 date=1032360904]
    [quote author=cloverm link=board=18;threadid=5024;start=0#49911 date=1032360501]
    [/quote]

while this sounds like a good idea it wont prevent certain trolls (!) to spam in the linux and the other forum - i mean after all this should stay a nice forum to have fun but as im writing this someone has already posted the next lets say "controversal" thing just to gain some attention and to start a flamewar - very sad to see that :'(
    [/quote]

The moderator would just move the offending thread to it's proper place on the new board.

Clovem i think that is a great idea!

Mentor

[quote author=ch-b link=board=18;threadid=5024;start=0#49916 date=1032361331]
    [quote author=cloverm link=board=18;threadid=5024;start=0#49915 date=1032361064]

[/quote]

yeah and there is the problem - the mods are closing threads the people will get angry but the root of the problem are the few trolls that are here and some moderators wont do anything about that ..
    [/quote]

Thats why this borad will be for ONLY linux topics ANYTHING else will be redirected to the borad that you could speak your mind freely, and noone will have to worry about offending anyone because if you are on/at that borad then you are aware that there might be topics that will offend or upset you so you'll have noone to blame but your self if your offended. :P