Thread: Linux Journal

Linux Journal

Anyone here like the magazine? ;D

Kind Mastermind

Re:Linux Journal

[quote author=BurntAsh link=board=13;threadid=4969;start=0#49467 date=1032118521]
    Anyone here like the magazine? ;D
    [/quote]

I like the magazine. I don't subscribe to it, but I do subscribe to Linux Magazine. I used to subscribe to MaximumLinux, until they went down the tubes (I'm still pissed about that).

Does anyone know of any other printed Linux magazines that can be subscribed to that don't suck?

linux journel - its the only piece of mail i look forward to getting. not a bunch of 'intro to linux' articles but not above anyones head either. one great mag.

Kind Mastermind

I love the cooking with linux articles. They are probably the biggest reason why I like the magazine so much.

[quote author=pbharris link=board=13;threadid=4969;start=0#49514 date=1032134271]
    linux journel - its the only piece of mail i look forward to getting. not a bunch of 'intro to linux' articles but not above anyones head either. one great mag.
    [/quote]

I agree. I look forward to receiving it each month.

I too was a subscriber to Maximum Linux... I had wondered why I didn't get anymore of those. Anyway I have gotten Linux Journal a couple of times off of the news stand, I would have to agree that it is a good magazine. And I am now thinking about trying to get an exclusive Linux Magazine anyway, so maybe this would be the right one... Right now I recieve Wired and I used to recieve PC World and PC Magazine... both PC ones ran out... Anyway enough ranting!

Mentor

i used to get Linux mag but i didnt renew my subscription because it started to get REALLY thin ( in pages AND content )

I don't subscribe but I pick it up at least 6 times a year. It's a great mag. I am also still upset over Maximum Linux ... it was such a great mag and had lots of potential (putting the flame war about them cursing in reviews and stuff aside).

Good Guru

I usually pick up my copy of LJ ( Linux Journal ) and LM ( Linux magazine ) at our local LUG ( SVLUG ).

Now that I can't make it to the meetings sometime, I'm thinking of subscribing LJ.