Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

nvu
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nvu

nvu

Has anyone checked out nvu, http://www.nvu.com ?
    This is a really promising wysiwyg web development environment for Linux. Seems like the perfect thing for people jonesing for something like Dreamweaver to use on their Linux desktop. Along those lines, what other web development tools does anyone dig on the Linux desktop?

I read an article on nvu in LXF about two months ago. I have never used it myself but it has got some really great feedback.

8/10 on the LXF rating if I remember correctly.

bluefish is good...

as long as you dont need a WYSIWYG editor.

looks nice. The toolbarconfig looks just like Mozilla's.
    I think I'll try it out. :w00t:

Well, if your looking for a nice web dev. tool, Quanta is the best I have ever used (granted it is not a WSIWYG Editor) you should take a look at http://quanta.sourceforge.net/

looks nice. The toolbarconfig looks just like Mozilla's.
    i think it's based on mozilla composer..

i've had a quick look, and it seems nice.

the last serious web development i did, i used quanta+. ii like to 'get under the bonnet (hood?)', so i personally prefer the html editing tools, but there's no doubt that nVu is a great step in the right direction for linux wysiwyg tools.

I personally use Quanta, but I am looking for a WYSIWYG editor for Linux that doesn't make spaghetti HTML like the Mozilla composer (that is, HTML code that you don't need, which makes the pages larger.) Hey, what tool was used to make this website?
    My Website:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Website Uptime:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Server Specs: AMD Athlon X2 3800+, 2gb DDR2 RAM, 1.5TB HDD, Ubuntu 9.10
    My Gaming PC: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93ghz, 4gb DDR2 RAM, 9800GTX+

I use Quanta+ too but lately it started to break down. After a while when I try to add a line or something it just hangs :?. then I kill it (loose the changes made) and start again but the same problem right at the beginning. Did not find out yet what causes the problem.

A good, stable WYSIWYG editor is welcome, one that can save .php and other mimes. Tried with Mozilla composer but it did not let me save as .php to edit the code in Quanta later on. :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by beezlebubsbum
    Hey, what tool was used to make this website?
    This site runs the forum software from phpBB. It's a great little php forum that is all web configurable... I use it on most of my clients sites for feedback and suggestions.

The only time that you really need to "get under the hood" with phpBB is if you're applying one of the hacks - like the quick reply, album and other hacks that you can get hold of, see here. But even then all you really need is a simple text editor - I do all of my hacking of phpBB using joe via ssh into my webserver.

Jamie