Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: censoring threads

censoring threads

Okay - it seems we can not have some threads even in the opinion forum.

Trolling to one person may not be trolling to another. I really don't think people should be cut off and i think other people should be given the chance to respond. As far as I am concerned if it is in the opinions section it should not be locked unless:

A personal attack is made, saying "pbharris your are wrong" would not constitute an attack. posting "pbharris, you fat ugly child beater" would constitute an attack.

can we come to some arranhment where we can disagree without having our opinions, right or wrong be closed??

Re:censoring threads

true - i dont think censoring would lead to anything ... and if there are no personal attacks there is no reason for censoring ..

Kind Mastermind

Alright! Someone needs to lock this thread :P!

pbharris...I agree with you. To a point. I don't think that we should lock a thread in opinions if it is a personal attack. We should ban the individual (depending on the severity of the attack). Or something along those lines.

Good idea!

making a generalisation by saying that europeans are historically known to support oppressors looks a lot like trolling to me. it also indicates a lot about the intelligence of the poster if he can't even realise that Europe consists of many different countries, thus different cultures and different kinds of people so what one european country once did does not say anything about the other european countries and it's people.

not to mention that his statement is even more ridiculous knowing that his country supported the oppression of an entire race for a very long time.

the poster has a history on this forum of disrespecting europeans. Should this be tolerated? He accepted the user agreement and he has repeatedly acted in a way that doesn't conform to that agreement.

yep banning can be a solution but i dont think he is too annoying - i would just ignore him , cause troll is troll ...

[quote author=ch-b link=board=18;threadid=4940;start=0#49191 date=1031930494]
    yep banning can be a solution but i dont think he is too annoying - i would just ignore him , cause troll is troll ...
    [/quote]

ignoring that behaviour sends out the message that it's tolerated.

[quote author=Ralinx link=board=18;threadid=4940;start=0#49193 date=1031930694]

ignoring that behaviour sends out the message that it's tolerated.
    [/quote]

no - cause if someone post such a thing and there is no reaction it clearly states that this isnt a good opinion - where just banning the person creates an atmosphere where everyone could get banned someday for not saying what the moderator wants ..

not reacting to it at all even though we were asked to follow the user agreement does indicate that it gets tolerated even though it is a violation of the agreement.

anyway, if nothing gets done about it i'm gonna draw my conclusions from this

[quote author=Ralinx link=board=18;threadid=4940;start=0#49195 date=1031931809]
    anyway, if nothing gets done about it i'm gonna draw my conclusions from this
    [/quote]

hmm what you mean with conclusions ? -
    my conclusions are that i just need to ignore the trolls - cause there arent many , but if i think again there where and there are many trolls at lno and they arent getting ignored - maybe we should ban .. hmm

while it certainly is not an intelligent post and the source looked quite dubious although i did not have a chance to visit it, it also ignores 'non-european' i.e. the United States oppression of which there has been a whole lot.

any item can be offensive to anyone. heck i hear someone mention the shrub i get offended.

where do we draw the line? Opinions are are just that.